Present

Jiyong entered Dara's room. Bom was leaning on her bed, asleep, her head resting near her hand. He shook her gently to wake her up.

"I'll look after her. Go sleep in your room." Jiyong told her.

"We have to talk." Bom pointed at the open door.

"I'll explain everything after we talk." Jiyong pointed at the sleeping Dara. "TOP is waiting for you." Jiyong continued.

She still went out even if she didn't want to.

Jiyong stared at Dara again. He saw how beautiful and innocent she looked. She's beautiful, but now she's tainted, she was scratched, she's hurt, and it was all because of him.

He looked at the beauty before him and noticed how beautiful her skin is. White as snow. Smooth like porcelain. That's when it sunk into him, their vast difference. She's very pure and kind, he kills people from time to time. How can he even dream of liking her, and her liking him back?

He stared at his arm then on her arm, how very dirty his tattooed arm looked like next to her arm. His body was full of battle scars, hers was small and fragile and pristine. She smelled sweet, like vanilla, he's reeking of cigarette smoke and alcohol. She's sweet and warm, he's cold and vile.

He looked at the vase full of white rose on her bedside table.

"They don't even come close compared to how beautiful you are." Jiyong caressed her cheeks.

North and south. Light and dark. Warm and cold. Black and white. The difference between them is very very vast. How can he dream of being with her? He's like a devil, she's like an angel. They are like the opposite poles of the magnet.

"But hey, opposite attracts." Jiyong smiled to himself, feeling like a fool.

He was holding her hand tightly, his head resting on the bed, he was facing her, and he was studying her expression. The way she breathes, the way her lips were parted. How she has a little flush on her cheeks. Her long dark eyelashes, as dark as his soul he thought. He fell asleep while looking after her.

Dara woke up. Everything was a blur. She was still confused as to what happened and who those guys were. She was about to sit up when she felt someone holding her hand. She looked at him, he was sleeping, and his face was a little flushed. She just watched him for a while. His state now is far from the last memory she has of him. Panting. Nervous. Angry. She liked this better for sure.

Not your typical boy next door. She cannot believe this heavily tattooed, cigarette smoking, alcohol drinking, gorgeous man ran after her when she was in danger. This icy-cold city man actually cares.

She pulled her hand away from his grasp and was about to touch his face when his eyes fluttered open. He just smiled at her gently and held her hand again.

"Hey." He softly said along with a yawn, looking at her in the eye.

"Hey." She croaked.

He stood up and helped her sit, her back resting on the headboard. He filled the glass sitting on the bed side table with water and handed it to her. She drank and handed him back the glass.

He sat on the edge of the bed, facing her. Just looking at her, he wanted to talk to her, to ask her how she feels, to tell her that everything will be alright, but he does not know what's gotten into him, he could not utter a word. Dara smiled softly at him, giving back the stares he's giving her.

"Are you okay?" Jiyong finally found his voice again.

"Yeah. I guess." She answered.

"Are you hungry?"