Chapter 17

SPENCER'S P.O.V

I hate having to lie to him. But if he found out about A, it wouldn't be safe for either of us. A would hurt him, and if Toby got hurt... I just wouldn't be able to forgive myself. I picked up the note and shoved it in my pocket. I grabbed a garbage bag and cleaned to the broken heart outside. I looked up for a second and I saw someone in a black hoodie watching me. Then they vanished. I screamed out in anger. I decided its time to text the girls. I texted them SOS. And to meet at my house. I knew if had a few minutes before they got here, so I decided to open the note.

How much longer until Toby does this to your heart? And then I'll be the only one left to comfort you. Kisses. -A

The idea of A comforting me sends chills down my spine. Toby would ever do anything to hurt me. He's innocent. My mind was racing. I heard the door open and there stands Aria, Hanna, and Emily.

They rush over to where I am. "Spencer what's wrong?"

I hand them the note to read.

"What does A mean by "this to your heart?"

I took a deep breath " well I came home

And on my doorstep was a broken glass heart with that note underneath it. So A meant a broken heart."

Emily frowned "Wait are you and Toby dating?"

Truth be told I didn't even know "It's complicated. I just don't want A to hurt him."

Hanna sighed "So why the SOS?"

"I want to figure out who A is, before A does something very heinous,"

Aria put her hand on my shoulder "look it's gonna be okay. What do we need to do?"

I smirked "We need to trick A."

"How?"

"Make it seem like one of us wants to join and then see who it is."

They all smiled. "So who's gonna do it?"

Emily's smile grew even bigger "Ill take one for the team. If it means ending this than lets do this,"

This is why I love having friends like this, the ones who will risk themselves for you. At some points I'm upset I met Ali but then I think of how I met these girls and all those thoughts go away. A can't ruin our friendship no matter what.

I hugged Emily "Okay, but first we need to plan this out. We need to be the ones a step ahead, not A."

We talked for what felt like hours until my phone went off.

"Are you okay?" -Toby

"Yeah, sorry for freaking out like that earlier. It's just the kinda freaked me out."

"Let's meet tomorrow?" -Toby

I frowned, know I had plans with the girls. I want to hang out with Toby, but I love these girls. I can't just ditch them.

"Can't. Rain check?"

"Uh sure. You sure you okay?" -Toby

I thought to myself 'I will be.' lets just hope nobody ends up getting hurt

Little did I know that I would be the one getting hurt.

*************************************

OMG thanks for the 1.33K!!! You guys are amazing! Keep reading! Hope you guys are enjoying.