Chapter Twenty Four - Plot Twist.

- Two Weeks Later -

Zuri's P.O.V

Jumping up from bed while groaning feeling completely out of it, I yawned out loud stretching both my arms.

"Shit." I cursed as the ringing of my cellphone woke Aasiyah.

"Hello?" I angrily spoke while gently picking her up trying my best on soothing her cries.

"Zuri."

My heart skipped a beat as I heard Avery's soft cries through the phone.

"Avery?" I called out sympathetically. "Baby what's wrong? - It's three in the morning, are you okay?"

"Can you bring her to come see Mama?" His voice continuously shook.

I listened closely as he weeped knowing that this man never cried unless it had something to do with his mother.

What was going on? I questioned over, an' over, an' over again.

"I'm on my way."

Quickly disconnecting the call I placed us both in warm clothes knowing it would be freezing outside, then made it on out an' into my car.

Looking back as Siyah just laid there with her eyes wide open I just knew something was up.

She's always asleep an' for once, she's up waiting to see gramma.

As I drove off towards the hospital all I could seem to do was pray, I prayed for Avery an' his family an' I prayed that Samantha one day would be able to see Siyah grow up to be just as old as we are.

Bryson's P.O.V

"So this friend you always seem to talk about." I looked up at my girl as she laid against my chest. "Why haven't I met her yet? - I mean, you did say the both of you guys were inseparable."

"Who?" Her soft voice questioned. "You talking about Zuri?"

"Yeah." I replied back while running my hand through her hair.

I listened as she then sighed softly.

"I don't know what happened." She began. "Shit was so messed up for her that I just figured it would be best for me to let her do her for a while."

"You told me she lived down here - Why you never called her?"

"I told you a lot." She laughed a little. "But to be honest - I knew she was hurt an' I was not the one that would've been able to fix her problems so, that was that."

She looked up at me as I focused on her.

"I love you." I brought my lips towards hers.

"I love you more." She admitted. "An' thank you."

"For?" I questioned a bit confused.

"For staying with me an' my son - Thank you for being there for us an' treating him as if he was your own."

I placed one last kiss against her lips.

"You don't have to thank me."

She gently placed her head back against my chest slowly falling into a deep sleep.

-
-

"You feeling any better?"

After another hour or so of staying at my girl's place I decided on heading over to the trap where my pops an' I handled business.

It had to been at least less than a week when he'd been shot in the chest an' ever since that incident shit just decided on hitting the fan.

I worked at a bank five days a week working a 9-5 shift just so no one knew about my side business.