Chapter Thirty Four - The Disrespect.

Zuri's P.O.V

Laying in bed the next morning after a long night of fun an' being surrounded by family, it was finally time for Avery an' I to spend a little time together.

I was happy about him finally introducing us to the family, especially Siyah, but now it was time him an' I faced reality.

I was now living with this man leaving everything behind me, so everything felt a bit surreal to me.

"What you thinking 'bout?" I heard his raspy voice softly speak interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Nothing." I sighed lightly. "I'm just happy to be able to start fresh with you by my side."

I watched as he placed a kiss against my forehead.

"Avery?" I calmly called out feeling a bit bothered from something I'd seen last night.

"Yeah baby."

Focusing on him I sighed lightly not wanting to create an argument.

"Who was that lady you were talking to last night?"

"What lady?" He quickly questioned.

"The woman outside." I assured him. "The one you dragged outside."

"No one." He simply spoke while slowly getting up from bed. "Just an uninvited guest."

"Is she someone from your past?" I could feel a lump in my throat making me realize I was on the verge of tearing up.

I was slowly becoming so emotional these past few days.

I watched as he slowly made it towards me helping me up from bed an' onto my feet.

"She was once." As he focused on me I sighed lightly. "Baby you got nothing to worry about - Nothing, no one, can break up the love we share."

"I know." I spoke truthfully. "But that doesn't answer my question Avery."

"An' what's that?"

"Was she someone from your past." I clearly repeated.

"She's an old friend." He began. "Nothing to stress over."

I watched as he slowly leaned into me placing a soft kiss against my lips.

"I'm gonna go make breakfast."

Slowly making my way out of our bedroom an' downstairs into the kitchen I threw all my negative thoughts to the side.

Life was going too good for me to all of a sudden be paranoid over something that was nothing.

-
-

Avery's P.O.V

Thinking back on the conversation Zuri an' I had earlier I sighed out loud feeling like complete shit.

If I had known Zuri saw that shit last night I would've already found a way to solve the issue.

Krystal was the ultimate hoe around Atlanta an' was proud of what she did so I knew I would have to either get rid of her, shut that bitch up or confess what I did to Zuri.

Sighing out loud in frustration I took myself a quick shower then made it on downstairs to the sweet smell of breakfast.

"You made all this?" I examined the food she made while taking in the smell causing my stomach to growl.