Chapter Forty Three - Ten Months Later.

- Ten Months Later -

Avery's P.O.V

Running around the house as Siyah slowly wobbled being able to finally walk I chuckled at her laughing.

It's been a few long months since fully dedicating myself to the trap an proposing to Zuri, but ever since, shit had been going smooth surprisingly.

Zuri learned to accept the fact that I sell an deal for a living.

Ever since Siyah turned one a while back it's like she'd always want me around her, no doubt I loved the feeling.

She would always cry when I leave an' always be wide awake when she figured I'd be home late at night.

Things were going better than ever, that I somehow kept my guard up waiting for some shit to hit the fan.

"Yo, Ave." J called out as he snapped be out of my thoughts. "What we gone do about this deal?"

Jordan an' I were making a drop to our Mexican fam in the next day or so an' shit worried me a little.

The cops were back on my ass but I never once slipped up, neither have I told Zuri.

"I don't know J." I honestly spoke. "This shit right here could pay us off for life - 3.5 million dollars each is no joke."

"So we gone make shit happen or not?" He spoke a bit more excited than usual.

"Ion fucking know J." I shook my head a bit indecisive as I thought of Siyah an' Zuri. "The trap is hot an' if my ass get caught this time, I'm gone for good."

"Fuck the police B!"

"Are you hearing yo'self right now my nigga?" I questioned. "You sound dumb as fuck right now."

"Naw." He disagreed. "More like a nigga who's ready to be paid."

I sighed loudly not knowing what to do.

"I'm gone really have to think about this shit J."

"You got 24 hours." He assured me. "Make yo' mind up by midnight, or some other niggas gone get the job."

I sat there watching as he made his way out, closing the door behind him.

Was I really willing to risk my life, my family, for some money that could be gone within seconds?

Even though this shit would be able to take me an' the entire family away from Atlanta an' all the bullshit, I was still not sure if it was all worth it by me going to jail for the rest of my life.

I figured it would just be best by thinking on the situation.

Shit was becoming a bit too much for me.

- Midnight -

Zuri's P.O.V

Sitting on the sofa as I watched a little tv with Siyah in my arms I sighed hoping Avery would get home soon.

Ever since the proposal an' him heading back to "work" things have been going good and bad for me.

I enjoyed being his fiancé and the mother of our daughter but I hated the feeling of not knowing whether or not he'll make it home or if I'd have to one day identify his body.

I never made much noise about the situation because like he explained to me, the shit he did was all he knew. He grew up in the lifestyle of being in the game.

As Siyah laid in my arms focusing on the tv all I could seem to do was smile at how big she had become. She was now walking, almost saying full sentences an' loved her father dearly.

She could never seem to go to sleep without him tucking her in at night, like now.

Focusing on her I could tell she was exhausted.

"Baby girl." I quietly called out to her causing her big brown eyes to look up at me. "You know you tired, let Mama tuck you in tonight."

She shook her head no.

She was such a smart little girl.

"It's fine." I placed a kiss against her forehead while continuing to speak. "Daddy's on his way."

The moment those words left my mouth the sound of keys filled my ears.

"Wassup baby." Avery made his way into the living placing a kiss against my lips.

"Heyy." I sent a small smile his way watching as Siyah jumped up and down excitedly wanting him to pick her up.

"Daa." She simply spoke while smiling causing Avery to chuckle.

"She's so tired." I frowned. "She waited up all night just for you."

"Is that so." Avery's smooth voice spoke as he placed kisses all over her face causing her to laugh uncontrollably.

"We missed you." I looked his way winking.

"You sure?" His smooth voice spoke as he seductively licked his lips.

"Go put her down." I simply spoke. "So I could show you how much I did."

I loved teasing this man.

Making my way upstairs an' into our bedroom as he followed but went into Siyah's nursery, I sighed a little gently flopping onto bed.

"I'm so tired." I spoke mainly to myself.

All I seem to do is sleep lately.

Laying in bed slowly closing both my eyes they instantly opened feeling someone playfully straddle my little body.

"What you doing?" As Avery hovered over me all I could seem to do was nervously blush.

"All that mouth downstairs, don't freeze up on a nigga now." He lustfully spoke while attacking my body with kisses.

As I laid there enjoying his every touch, my hormones grew out of control.

"Who said I'm freezing up?" I joked. "I ain't never scared."

Watching as he flipped me over where as I was now on top of him, I gently buried my face into his chest.

"No sex tonight - I wanna just hold you for the rest of the night." I listened as his smooth voice spoke against my ear.

"Yeah." I silently spoke as I laid against his body. "I love you."

"I love you too." I felt as he placed a kiss against my forehead.

Laying in bed as he held onto me all I could seem to do was smile.

This man loved me, an' for once I was able to allow someone to love me unconditionally an' break the wall I had built.

ANOTHER CHAPTER COMPLETED!

THINGS ARE GOING PRETTY GOOD WITH THE COUPLE AVERY & ZURI.

WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?

WILL EVERYTHING REMAIN CALM & COLLECTED?

KEEP READING 📖

COMMENT ✍🏽

VOTE 👍🏾