|Chapter Three - Lets Dance Pt. 2

Zuri's P.O.V CONT'

Making my way into what looked to be a locker room, my eyes instantly landed on the piled up money around the four walls. Surrounded by more than a dozen half naked 'women'.

"Yo, Sparkles come here." The security called one of them over to where we stood.

"Big V, I already told yo' ass I already got a nigga." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Fuck him." Big V smirked. "But look, I didn't call you over here for that shit."

"What you want then?" She looked my way for a quick second then back towards him.

"Boss told me to bring her to you - Show her how things work around here."

"I can do that." She sent a small smile my way.

"Good." He sighed loudly. "I'm gone head out front cause these niggas coming by the dozen tonight."

"Coo'." She spoke watching as he walked away.

I looked her way as she looked mines in silence.

"I'm Zuri." I decided to break the silence by speaking.

"Vanessa." She held out her hand allowing me to shake it.

Silence took over once again.

"So, what made you wanna work here?" She broke the awkward silence.

I let out a long, depressing sigh.

"Things aren't going to well with me, money's low an' I need a place to stay." I spoke truthfully.

"You lost your house?" She questioned sympathetically.

Not knowing this female I decided on just keeping all my personals to myself - Women these days love throwing shit in your face when shit hits the fan.

"No." I quickly assured her. "I'm just moving into a bigger place."

She then looked my way as though she could tell I wasn't being honest.

"Your lying." She blurted out. "I know you haven't known me for no more than five minutes but, you can talk to me - That's if you ever need someone to talk to."

She sent a friendly smile my way as I sent a small one in return.

"Thank you."

"It's nothing .. I was once in your shoes at one point in time - It's hard I know."

"It is." I spoke honestly.

"Come on." She stood to her feet. "I'mma show you around while telling you the rules."

Making our way further into the dress room she took us both to her station allowing us to sit more comfortably an' talk.

-
-
-

"Where the fuck is my purse?!" I heard a voice yell out as Vanessa (Sparkles) continued giving me the run down on the club.

Looking up losing focus on Vanessa I looked towards the voice realizing it was the same Dominican lady from McDonald's that was with that guy.