Chapter Eighteen - Misunderstanding.

- One Week Later -

Zuri's P.O.V

"Day seven." I sighed lightly while marking off the seventh day of me sitting in some fucking hospital hooked onto dozens of IV's.

"Zuri, why aren't you resting?" Miah, the nurse that's been taking good care of me questioned.

I sent a warm smile her way.

"It's this baby." I sighed. "I've just been doing a lot of thinking lately."

"So did you decide on whether or not your keeping it?"

"I am." I quickly replied. "I'm just a bit upset with myself for lying to everyone saying I lost it."

"So no one knows?" She made her way towards me. "Where's the father"

As thoughts of Avery ran through my mind I could feel the tears but refused to let them fall.

"I've called him at least a hundred times a day for the past week - He doesn't want to have anything to do with me."

"Why is that?" She quickly paused. "Wait, don't answer that I'm sorry."

"It's fine." I assured her. "I told him a few fucked up things an' now he's gone."

"Does he know about the baby."

A tear finally escaped.

"I told him I lost it." I began playing with my fingernails feeling stupid.

"You have to let him know." She spoke sternly. "No man deserves to be robbed from the birth of his child - No matter what he's done to you, you should always allow him to be in that baby's life especially if he wants to be."

"No." I disagreed. "The situation is much more complicated than you'd ever be able to imagine - There's no saving our relationship."

"Has he even tried contacting you?"

"He hasn't." My voice began to shake. "An' that's why I'm moving far away from everything - this place reminds me everyday of something that's scarred me for life, an' this is not the place I wanna raise my baby."

She sent a sympathetic look my way.

"Your a strong woman Zuri - I know you'll be able to get through it all."

I watched as she stood up slowly walking away.

"I'll be back with your release forms."

Closing both my eyes I laid back onto my pillow crying to myself. I never once liked being someone's problem so Avery ignoring my calls made me realize that maybe this wasn't for him.

Avery's P.O.V

"Hey Mama." I placed a soft kiss against her forehead.

It's been at least seven days since I'd left Miami an' made it back to Atlanta.

After leaving her house an' breaking my phone I'd decided on leaving everything that reminded me of her back there. I was never one to force a person to do something they refused to let happen.

Zuri knew what she wanted, she was a smart woman an' from everything that was said to me I knew for a fact that I was something she wanted to get rid of in her life.

"Are you feeling better?" My Mama asked. "You've been so down lately baby."

"I'm good." I lied. "I just need some more time to think.

All I've been able to do was smoke weed, fuck bitches an' kill all the motherfuckers that crossed me the wrong way.

"Have you two talked since you came back?"