Chapter 6: Last Slice Of Pizza

Recap: "So what now?" Mateo asked.

I sighed. "We'll have a funeral for him sometime in the next couple of months. But that's not all..."

"Then what else are you—we going to do?"

"I'm going to find Nikolai, even if it's the last fucking thing I do."
______________________________

"Fernando, are you crazy, you can't!" They all yelled in unison.

"I don't care. I am going to find him." They all sighed.

"Fine, when are you going to find him?"

"I don't know, Mateo. I just know that the bastard needs to pay for all the shit he's done. It's one thing he killed my parents, but now he killed Marcus. He's crossed the line once too many."

"Well, you can't go out looking for him anytime soon. He'll expect it." Natalia said, as she got off the couch, walked over to the desk, and sat down on it.

"You do have a point there... we'll have to come up with something, but for right now, we have to stay low, and plan Marcus's funeral."

Anger boiled inside me at the thought that Nikolai killed Marcus. Natalia noticed my anger, and put her hand on top of mine.

"Hey, it's going to be okay." She said in a soft voice.

"Yeah, man. We'll get through this." Mateo said.

"Well, I say we go back to the mansion, and eat Fernando's food." Alex said.

"Ha, yeah—no. How about you go to your house, and eat your food." I started walking out of the office.

"Where are you going?" They asked.

"I'm gonna go say bye to Jake." I made my way back to the shooting range and saw Jake in there, shooting bullets continuously. He kept pulling the trigger, and reloading his gun.

I went up to him, and put my hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down. I looked at the bullseye, and saw that all of the bullets hit the center.

"Hey, we're gonna start heading back. Do you want to come over?"

"Alright and nah, I'm good. Thank you, though." He then gave me a sad smile. You could tell how much he was hurting.

"You're welcome to come over whenever you want. I know it's really hard but... we'll get through this. I promise."

He let out a deep breath. "Thanks, Fernando."

"No problem. I'll see you later."

"Okay, bye."

I headed back outside where Natalia, Alex, and Mateo were waiting by the cars.

"You guys ready?"

"Yup."

Alex and Mateo got in their car, while Natalia, and me got in ours. Natalia started the engine, looked over at me, and cleared her throat.

"What?"

"Seatbelt."

"Oops." I then put my seatbelt on. "There?"

"Yup." She said as she started pulling out of the driveway.

*Thirty minutes later*

Mateo and Alex were still on their way over here, while me and Natalia were just barely pulling into the garage. We then made our way inside the mansion.