Chapter 24: I Hate This

*The next day*

"Alex, what the hell am I supposed to say?"

"Just pretend you're interested in her for a couple days, then start asking her simple questions. Like where she's from, what she does, stuff like that."

"Can't you do this?"

"No, because she gave you her number, not me."

Alex managed to convince me to hang out with Vanessa. He was right, she could lead us straight to Nikolai. We were currently at the base, discussing about it, since I was still unsure of this whole idea.

I sighed. "I can't have Natalia know about this. If she knows... it could put her in a lot of danger, but I also can't lie to her, Alex."

"Don't worry, Fernando. She's staying in Italy for a while longer anyways. Everything's under control, alright?"

"What about Jake? What if he does it?"

"No, not gonna happen. I just started seeing Rachel. Plus, once again, like how Alex said: Vanessa gave you her number, not me. What's she gonna think if me or Alex show up to this meet up, when clearly she gave you her number."

"UGHH! I hate this."

"Fernando, do you want to be led to Nikolai, or not?!" Alex asked.

"What do you think?"

"Then quit your complaining, go get your answers, trick her, and this will be over soon!"

"I fucking hate it when you're right."

"Oh, well. Guess you have to continue to deal with it."

"Where's Mateo, anyways?"

"Being an idiota [idiot] like always."

"I heard that!" Mateo yelled, as he walked into my office.

"Well, I mean, I was kinda hoping you would..."

"Very funny, dumbass."

"Thanks, noodle arms." Alex smiled.

"I'm just going to ignore that last part."

"Finally you act maturely for once." I said, as Alex and Jake began laughing.

"What does that mean?!"

"Nothing." I chuckled.
______________________________

After, Alex forced me to call Vanessa, so we could meet up at the coffee shop. Alex, Mateo, and Jake left a few minutes early, so they could listen in on the conversation from a few booths away.

I walked into the coffee shop and saw Vanessa sitting down at a table.

Maybe I can just walk out of here without any of them noticing.

I looked at the door, but suddenly received a text from Alex.

Alex: Don't you dare walk out of that door, Fernando.😑

Me: Fine.🙄

I put my phone back into my pocket, and sat down in front of Vanessa.

"I'm so happy I heard back from you." She smiled.

"How could I say no."

I did say no, but a certain someone forced me into this.

"So, tell me a bit about yourself."

"Well, I'm a nurse."

Lie.

"I'm an only child."