Chapter 26: Any Last Words?

*The next morning*

Around Seven in the morning, I was woken up by a phone call. I sat up, unplugged my phone from the charger, picked it up from the nightstand, and answered it.

*Phone Call*

"Hello?" I answered while rubbing my eyes, as my voice was still raspy.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?"

A smile appeared on my face as I heard her angelic voice.

Fuck, I miss her like crazy.

"Yeah, but it's okay. If it's you I get to talk to, I'm more than happy with it."

I heard her giggle through the phone. "How has the whole Nikolai thing been going?"

"We're still trying to figure everything out, but I think we're getting closer."

"That's good. Oh! I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?! Tell me, please."

"Nope, if I tell you then it wouldn't be a surprise anymore, would it?" Natalia giggled.

I sighed. "I suppose you're right. Can you come back already? Hermosa [beautiful], I miss you like crazy."

She giggled once again. "I'll be back soon, Fernando, but I have to go right now. My dad just recently woke up from a nap. I'll text or call you later, okay?"

"I'll be waiting for that call or text, princesa [princess]."

"Alright. Love you, bye."

"I love you too, hermosa [beautiful]."

Once we hung up I placed my phone on the nightstand and started heading towards the bathroom to shower, but suddenly I received a text. I walked back towards the nightstand and read the text. It's from Vanessa, saying that we should meet up today at some address.

I felt absolutely horrible for lying to Natalia, but I have to do this...

Just one more meet up, then I won't have to deal with Vanessa.

I texted back saying sure, then went into the bathroom to shower.
______________________________

I arrived at the base about and hour ago. After my shower I decided to just head on over here, and discuss some things with the guys.

"Alex, have you heard anything from the lapel mic we put in Vanessa's purse?"

"Apparently Nikolai says that by the end of the night, the Russian Mafia will be known as the most powerful mafia in New York."

"Not on my fucking watch. How do they even expect for that to happen?"

"I'm not sure but that's not all though. They've known that you've been onto them for a while, and apparently Vanessa wasn't actually drunk last night."

"Wait, wait. If Vanessa wasn't actually drunk last night, then why give me info on what they have planned so easily?"

"That's what I've been wondering too. It doesn't make any sense."

"How can you two not see it?" Jake asked.

"See what?" Alex, Mateo, and I all asked in unison.

"Okay, what does Nikolai hate?"

"Us. The Spanish Mafia." We all said.