Chapter 8: Rest In Peace

*Natalia's POV*

*One month later*

Victoria and Camila were able to find a house nearby. They decided to just move in together since they thought it'd be easier, instead of having to find two separate places.

Not only did they find a house, but... today was Marcus's funeral...

I finished changing, made my way downstairs, and into the living room. Once I walked in, I saw Fernando sitting on the couch with his head hung down, resting in his hands. It hurts me to see him in so much pain. I walked over to him, and sat down next to him, resting my hand on his thigh.

*Fernando's POV*

I can't believe Marcus is actually gone... I was waiting for Natalia in the living room when I felt someone sit next to me, and put their hand on my thigh. I looked to my side, and saw Natalia.

"Hey." She said in a soft, caring voice.

I smiled; Natalia could somehow always put a smile on my face. Even with her saying absolutely nothing, she'd make me smile.

"Hey, are you ready?"

She let out a deep breath. "I think so."

"Reina [Queen], what's wrong?"

She sighed. "It hurts me to see you in this much pain, Fernando... you don't deserve this, Marcus didn't deserve this." I saw a tear escape the corner of her eye while she was avoiding eye contact.

I cupped her chin so she could look at me, and wiped her tears away with my thumb. "Hey, I'll be fine. As long as I have you, I promise I'll be fine. Yeah, it hurts knowing Marcus is gone, but we'll all get through this."

She looked at me and smiled. "How'd I get so lucky to have you as my future husband."

I responded back, trying to get our minds off of Marcus's death, just for a second. "Correction. How did I get so lucky to have you as my future wife." She laughed as I laughed with her.

"Come on, let's start heading to the cemetery."
______________________________

Me and Natalia walked hand in hand, to where they were holding the mass for Marcus. Yesterday, Jake called me and asked if I could say a couple of things about Marcus. I said yes, since Marcus meant a lot to all of us. As Natalia and I continued walking we saw Jake and the rest of them, chatting.

"Hey man, how are you holding up?"

"Hey, Fernando." He let out a deep breath.

"As good as I can be, I guess. I keep closing my eyes hoping all of this isn't real, but it is..." You could tell Jake was heartbroken, He wasn't himself. He started crying, hoping this was all just a horrible dream.

Natalia went towards Jake, and gave him a hug. "Shh, Jake it's going to be okay. Marcus is in a better place now, he won't get hurt anymore, and he's far away from danger. Do you think he'd want to see you crying right now?" She asked him.

"No..."

"Well then? I know it's hard but, try and smile. For Marcus." Jake smiled, realizing Natalia was right.

"Thanks, Natalia."

"No problem, Jake." She smiled.

"Should we go sit down?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, lets go." Me, Natalia, Jake, Mateo, Victoria, Alex, and Camila all went towards the front.

Half way into the funeral, Jake had to go say a couple of words. He was nervous, so we all reassured him everything would be fine.