Chapter 18: This Can't Be Happening...

*Natalia's POV*

We have been waiting in the waiting room for hours, and we still haven't heard anything about Fernando. Victoria came back from the doctor a little bit ago. The doctor said they had to take the bullet out and then wrap her shoulder with gauzes.

Alex, Mateo, and Grace have tried to cheer me up, but I just can't. How am I supposed to laugh, giggle, or even smile when I have absolutely no information on how Fernando's doing? I try to not think negatively, but they just keep coming back, trying to cloud up my mind like the evil demons they are.

A few minutes later a doctor finally showed up. We all stood up and I looked up at him, anxiously wanting to find out if everything is okay. Hoping everything is okay.

"Are you guys here with Fernando Garcia?" He asked, in which we nodded back in response.

"Okay... well, there's good news and there's bad news. The good news is that we were able to remove the bullet from his lower abdomen, luckily he didn't injure any major organs. The bad news is that," the doctor sighed. "Fernando lost a lot of blood... if he doesn't get a blood transfusion in the next two hours—possibly hour—he could die."

"Doctor, what blood type does he have, if you don't mind me asking?" Grace asked.

The doctor looked at his clipboard, then spoke up. "Sadly, his blood type is rare. He has A Negative. I hope you guys find someone, and I wish you guys luck." The doctor then left to go treat another patient.

I simply stood there in shock. My eyes were glassy, and I felt like my heart was beating out of my chest.

"Natalia, Fernando will be okay. He's a strong man, we'll find someone."

"I KNOW THAT, MATEO, BUT HOW CAN YOU BE SO SURE?! HE LOST A LOT OF BLOOD!!" I started crying in my hands. The single thought of losing him was painful.

I can't lose him!

I suddenly felt two strong arms engulf me in a hug. "Shhh, he'll be okay, Natalia. We'll find someone, I promise." Jake said in a soothing tone.

"He can't die Jake, he just can't." I cried in his chest, feeling like my world was slowly crumbling down.

"Who could have A negative blood?" Alex asked.

"I have A Negative blood..." A familiar voice said.

I brought my head up from Jake's chest. "You have A N–Negative?..."

Caleb Nodded. "I'd be willing to donate, if you guys want..."

Once those words left Caleb's mouth I had hope, hope that Fernando would be fine after all.

"If it weren't for him hurrying me and Grace into the back room... Grace could have gotten hurt. I could have, too, but she's far more important," He looked at her with a smile as she slightly blushed, but smiled back. Caleb looked back at me and continued speaking. "I want to donate some of my blood, let me help, please."

I nodded. "Thank you, Caleb." He nodded, then gave Grace a hug and a quick kiss before heading towards the doctor.

"You know he really cares about you, right?" Grace looked at me with blushing cheeks and a shy smile.

"Yeah, he makes me so happy, Natalia. You don't even know."

"Oh trust me, I know. I can tell by the looks you two give each other. Don't let him go, Grace."