Chapter 17: Unwelcome Guests

*One week later*

We were currently in the ball room at one of the apartment buildings I owned. When Jake came over last time we came up with a plan. I had some of my men scattered around the place, along with Mateo and the rest of them.

"Everyone's mic and earpiece working?" I whispered.

Even though we were scattered around, we still had a clear view of each other. Alex hooked all of us up with a small, hidden, lapel mic, and a non–visible earpiece.

"Yup." They all said through their mic.

"Good, act casual guys. We don't need anyone asking questions, and make sure you each have a loaded weapon. Camila, Victoria, you think you two can aim and fire a gun properly if needed?"

"Yeah." They both said.

"Alright, meet up in the back room at eight. I will not let these motherfuckers hurt anyone else, but I need you guys to be careful. Be aware of everything around you."

"Alright." And just like that they all blended into the crowd of people dancing or talking. I went over to the bar and got a drink.

"Everything all set up?" The bartender (one of my men) asked as I took a sip from my drink.

"Yeah, once Ivan gets here I want one of their men captured. Let everyone else know, okay?"

"On it, boss." As he left to let everyone else know, Natalia was making her way over here, in which I smiled at her as she smiled back.

"You look amazing. Do you want anything to drink?"

Natalia smiled. "Thank you, and just a glass of champagne, please." I nodded and went behind the bar to pour her a glass of champagne, then handed her the glass.

"You think they'll really show up?" Natalia asked after taking a drink of her champagne.

"They have to. It's been a week since Jake and Ivan's incident, he has to show up to this." I then drank the rest of my drink and placed the glass back on the countertop.

"You do have a point. Well, I say we go dance." She took my hand and lead me to the crowd of people dancing. I placed my hands on her lower back while she wrapped her arms around my neck, resting her head on my shoulder as we danced along to the beat.

"Natalia?"

"Hmm?"

"Promise me you'll be safe tonight."

"I promise."
______________________________

Natalia went to go chat with Victoria and Camila, while I went over to my men, and made sure they knew what had to be done once Ivan arrived.

"Fernando." I heard Alex say through my earpiece. I excused myself from the men and spoke through the mic.

"What's up, Alex?"

"I hacked into their vehicle's GPS. They're about an hour away."

"Okay, have everyone meet up in the back room. Has Grace arrived yet?"

"Okay, and I don't know. I haven't seen her."

I let out a sigh. "Alright, go let everyone know. I'll be right there in a second."

"Okay."

I made my way towards Natalia, who was talking with Victoria and Camila. I approached them as I softly placed my hands on Natalia's hips.

"Hey, have you seen Grace?" I asked as I looked all around the ball room.

"Yup. I saw her dancing with some guy." Natalia smirked.