Chapter 19: Ash McQueen?...

*Three Weeks later*

I was making a veggie and cheese omelet for Natalia when I felt her kiss my cheek, and saw her sit on the countertop beside the stove.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling way better, mi amor [my love]. There's practically no pain at all. I feel like I can go run five miles."

She giggled. "That's good. You still have to take it easy, though. Just for a couple days," she smirked as she plopped a grape into her mouth. "Then, you can go run five miles."

I chuckled. "Okay."

"We're going to the base later, right?"

"Yeah, we managed to capture one of Nikolai's men at the ball, so I need to go question him, try to get some answers. I had Mateo question him first, but of course, just like the rest of Nikolai's men, he won't say a thing."

She let out a sigh. "Alright. Oh, don't forget Caleb, and Grace are coming over in twenty minutes."

I looked up at her with widened eyes. "Twenty minutes!?"

"Mhm."

"Natalia, I need to go change! I'm only wearing sweats right now!" I quickly set down the spatula, ran down the hallway, then up the stairs.

"I wouldn't mind seeing you shirtless all day long!" She yelled with a giggle.

I chuckled while opening the bedroom door. I slipped on my suit, finished combing my hair, then walked down the stairs, and into the kitchen.

"Aww, your no longer shirtless, no fun." Natalia whined before eating the rest of the omelet and putting the dirty dish in the sink.

I walked over towards her and pinned her arms against the fridge. "Mi amor [my love]," I leaned in and whispered in her ear. "You'll have your fun later tonight. You won't be able to stop screaming my name." I leaned back on the countertop and smirked at her shocked face.

She then smirked back and started walking towards me. "We'll see about that." She whispered then walked out of the kitchen.

I chuckled when suddenly the door bell rang. I made my way out of the kitchen, towards the front door, then opened it.

"Hey guys. Come in."

"Thanks, Fernando. Is Natalia here?" Grace asked.

"Yeah, she's upstairs in the room. You can head on up there if you want. Caleb and I will be in my office if you guys need anything."

"Alright," Grace made her way upstairs, but abruptly stopped and looked back at me. "Oh, and, Fernando?"

"Hmm?"

"Please don't kill him."

"We'll see." I shrugged.

Caleb looked at me with widened eyes. "WAIT, WHAT!?"

I chuckled at his worried face. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding." Caleb let out a sigh in relief, while Grace rolled her eyes then proceeded to walk upstairs.

"Alright, Caleb. We have matters to discuss, follow me."

We walked towards my office, and I opened the door. Caleb walked in after saying thank you. I made my way over to my desk and sat down, moving some papers out of the way.

"Alright, Caleb. Take a seat." He sat down in one of the seats on the other side of my desk.

"Sorry I didn't get the chance to thank you for donating some of your blood."