Chapter 14: Where The Fuck Are You?

"Well, well, well, I see your son decided to join us."

"Don't you dare hurt him!"

He let out a sinister laugh. "Oh please Sylvia, I'm just here for you two." He said as he pointed a gun at both of them.

"Hmm, who will I shoot first?" He moved the gun between both of them, debating who will go first.

"How about... you." He pointed the gun towards her and pulled the trigger, but suddenly my father got in front of her.

"No!" She yelled out sobbing.

She fell to her knees and started cradling him. "No, Antonio. Wake up, please wake up."

"You asshole!" She yelled out, still sobbing. She pulled her gun out and pointed it towards him but he shot her first...
______________________________

I suddenly woke up, taking deep breaths, covered in sweat, and my hands trembling.

"It was just the same damn nightmare." I whispered to myself.

I looked to my side and saw Natalia sound asleep. I slipped my gray sweats on with a black t–shirt. I quietly went down the stairs and out the back door towards the garden. Memories of my mom came flooding back once I saw the flowers, bushes, trees, everything. She would spend most of her time here, she loved this garden.

 She would spend most of her time here, she loved this garden

"If only you two were still here..." Suddenly someone spoke up behind me.

"They'll always be here Fernando. Everywhere you go they'll be with you." I turned around and saw Natalia with a small smile.

"I know, I just wish they were still alive."

"Did you have another nightmare?" She asked walking closer to me.

I sighed. "Yeah, but, the last time I had a nightmare like that was four years ago..."

"You have been looking for Nikolai lately. That's probably what triggered it. Are you okay though?"

"Yeah, thank you. Did you enjoy your birthday present?" I asked with a slight smirk.

She giggled. "Yes, I enjoyed it very much." She pulled me down by my shirt and gave me a short kiss.

"I'm glad you did. I have to head over to the base, do you want to come with me?"

"Sure, I have to practice more on my shooting."