Nigel

I woke with another kid's armpit over my nose. I brushed it off. Weakly, I looked around. I was surrounded by hundreds of motionless kids. My mind instantly threw the thought of being in the midst of corpses into my thoughts. About to start panicking, I checked a boy nearest me's pulse. He was alive. Thank god!
"Hey, the pile's movin' over ea'."
"That it is,"
Kids were shoved and pushed around me.  I could hear the catastrophic noise of kids upset increase as the moaning of the wounded children added to the din. 
    A giant hand lifted me by my sweatshirt. 
    "It's this one," he snarled.  "Get in line."
    "I looked at the many lines of kids swirling around and around the gym.
    "Which one?" 
    I was awarded with a punch to the jaw.
    "You speak when spoken to."
    I frantically fought to keep my composure.  Looking back at the mound of wounded and unconscious kids, I saw a bright red baseball cap lying on the side.  I had to find Numbuh 5 and make sure she was okay.  The two of us could break out of here.  Then we would come back for the others.
    "And you don't lay a hand on Nigel Uno."
    I returned my gaze to the guard, who was staring frightfully at Cree, Abigail's older sister.  She shoved the guard down and he lay on the floor, quivering with fright.
    Cree whipped her scary stare on me.
    "We have different plans for this one."