Abigail

As the others panicked over Wally, I took off in the direction the missile was shot from.  I sniffed the air and investigated the ground for footprints. At first I didn't notice anything and made as if to leave. Out of the corner of my eye, I locked on some footprints that our attacker had forgotten to brush away. Smiling inwardly, I followed them to a small group of trees.
The prints ended just in front of the largest tree. A giant knothole seemed to have been forced upon it.  Bracing myself for impact, I inserted my hand into the tree. It was better to lose my hand than my head.
I felt a sweaty glove clutch my hand. Reflexes wanted to pull back but I pushed conscious thoughts forward and reached in with my other hand, pulling out the figure.
    A teenager.  Dumb.  This guy definitely had no idea what he was getting into; he immediately broke down crying.
    "Hey!  How many of you are there?" I asked him.
    Already intimidated, he croaked, "just me."
    "Good."
    I snatched the boy's belt off of his waistband and grabbed the victim's ankles. Using all the arm strength within me, I hoisted the terrified teenager upside down. The belt became a rope as I lashed the boy to the tree with it. Now he could not escape and by the time he did if he possibly could, we would be long gone.
I turned to leave. Dead leaves crunched noisily under my feet as I moved. My eyes were straight ahead.
In my peripheral vision, I saw some rapid movement. I spun around just in time to grab the teen's wrist and take his knife as my own. Before I knew what was happening, my arm's momentum got the better of me and sent the blade directly into the young man's stomach.
I let go of the blade. Eyes wide with shock, the boy stumbled back a few paces and collapsed on the ground, gurgling. Blood spurted from his belly and mouth and leaked onto the ground in giant red pools.
My hands had started shaking. "I'm so sorry," I whispered. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."
As the light of life started leaving his eyes he said, "you're a monster." He lay back and didn't stir again.
I have no idea how long I sat by the body, weeping and making false promises. All I know is that I eventually returned to the others, my soul now split in two.