Hoagie

The only skylight in the whitewashed quarantine room shone brightly as I awoke. As my eyes came into focus, I noticed Sector V had formed two couples.
And a loner.
There were five us; it was bound to happen eventually. I just didn't expect it to be me.
I contemplated this new horror and the others started waking up. I would hide my feelings from them.
Abby woke up at about the same time as a very groggy Wally. They both moved away from their buddies and sat in a different area. Kuki woke up and stayed where she was. It looked like Nigel would sleep for a while.
"I know it's not a great plan, but when the teens come to get Nigel, we can run for it." Abby was very grave. "Somebody is bound to get out."
I looked at her in shock. That was a horrible plan! She returned my gaze.
"Do you have a better idea?"
I knew I didn't and shook my head.
"Will Nigel be strong enough to run?" Kuki looked hopeful.
"He will have to be."
About a half hour after we finished formulating our ragtag never-gonna-work plan, the teens entered the room. Nigel had been awake for a while but failed to say anything.
We sat where we were, staring at the teens, but ready to spring. Sector V exchanged glances and rushed out the door. Splitting up we bounded down hallways. The teens immediately started chasing us; we had run in different directions so they couldn't get all of us.
A shrieking alarm echoed above me and red lights flickered around my vision. They were calling reinforcements!
Seeing a door straight ahead, I peered through the window. Closet. I kept running, but my lungs and legs wouldn't be able to take it much longer. I checked a couple of other doors before finding one that led to the outside. It opened and I breathed in the fresh air.
Numbuhs 3, 4, and 5 were already beyond the gate waiting for me. I crawled under the hole they had made and realized Numbuh 1 hadn't made it out. We would have to go back for him.