Wallabee

The recruits were shaping up nicely.  Even the Delightful Dorks were working out.  Since I couldn't workout, I had to settle for physical therapy given by Hoagie.  I hate to admit it, but the sessions were painful. 
    I hated being in a recovery condition.  I couldn't do ANYTHING!  Because if that little hitch, I spent most of my time sorting supplies for Hoagie, being his personal assistant, watching the troops train, and undergoing physical therapy.  What kept me sane with this type of schedule was being able to watch Kuki.  During those training hours, nobody was watching me; they were too focused on the grueling workouts they were being put through.  I could stare at Kuki, for hours at a time.  It was bliss.
    "Hey, Wally!  Come help me with this!"  Hoagie called from another room.  Sound didn't carry well down here; it was blocked up by the dirt.  Anyone has to scream to get others to hear them. 
    Now that I could walk, I made my way over to Hoagie's workshop.  He was sitting under what looked like a giant pile of scrap metal. 
    Having heard me approach, he said, "can you pass me that blowtorch?"
    I picked it up.  Obviously it was handmade.  I am curious as to how he did it, but I would never ask him that.
    "Thanks."
    He didn't say much more.  I just watched him work for a minute and then asked, "Was that it?"
    "Yeah, unless you wanna grab me a bite to eat?"
    Having nothing else to do, I started off towards our food compound.  Normally people would assume our food was in short supply.  Actually, our hideout was near a giant grove of berry bushes and trees.  There was also wildlife around and we had a few very skilled hunters.  Abby was one of them.  All this food we collected was then put together in one area of camp and was guarded.  The "cooks" would distribute it to anyone that was hungry.  As I passed the recruits training, I saw Numbuh 13 trip over dirt for the fifth time in the last two minutes.  Laughing inwardly, I grabbed some food and returned to Hoagie.