Abigail

"Spaghetti is so good," I thought for the millionth time during dinner. I was eating with my family consisting of my mom, dad, and evil teenage sister. We never got along, Cree and I.  I also knew I would never forgive her for viciously betraying the Kids Next Door at the age of thirteen. 
     But Cree and I were not stupid.  We definitely knew when to pretend to our parents that we liked each other.
    After dinner, I went up to my room to read a book or maybe watch some TV.  I shut my door, sat at my desk, leaned back, and closed my eyes in deep contentment. 
    Heavy metal music blasted through my closed door and ricocheted inside my skull.  I plugged my ears but couldn't drown out the sound of guys screaming and bass pumping.  I slammed open my door and strode straight across the hall to Cree's room.
    I barged through her open doorway and screamed through the noise.
"Will you turn that down?"
She was lying on her bed, eyes closed, acting as if she didn't hear me.
I repeated my question, even louder than I had yelled before. When she didn't respond, I grabbed her by her usual pink crop top. That was when I realized I wasn't talking to Cree.
"Sorry sis. Oh wait, I'm not sorry." Cree clubbed me with a Louisville slugger from behind and I crumpled to the floor.