Abigail

Later, after I had lost the fight against the mysterious, bald boy, he had defeated the rest of the operatives in sector V.  Since he was the new best in the world and Numbuh 1, I was demoted to Numbah 5. The old Numbuh 5 was moved to an alternate sector.
I was in charge of sector V and decided to revoke my leadership position to Numbuh 1.
Once he had met us he was straight to business. He wouldn't sleep and often be found working on something when the average kid would go to get a midnight snack. He was also painfully shy. Getting words out of him was next to impossible. Ugh, this kid was frustrating!
Eventually, though, he warmed up and became more of a talker. His name was Nigel Uno, what a coincidence. This kid was definitely something.
Wallabee, Numbuh 4 now, barges through the door, pulling me out of reverie.
"I failed another test for science class and Mrs. Thomas HATES me!" He belted, flopping down onto the couch. "My parents will kill me."
"How did you fail another one?" Hoagie asked.  "Science isn't that hard."
    "Maybe for nerds," Wally grumbled.
    "Hey!  My best friend's mother's cousin's daughter's brother is having a birthday party next Saturday.  We are all invited!"  Kuki squealed, waving a small stack of notecards.  "We should go!"
    Nigel broke in, " That's if the Kids Next Door aren't asking us to do something.  We are the most important operatives in the whole organization, so if they need us, we can't deny their request."
    "We can go to some birthday party, Nigel," I said.  "Loosen up a bit.  Relax.  After the party's over we can come and work, all right?"
    Nigel looked and me and didn't answer.
    "Could we maybe talk about this a little later?" Hoagie stammered.  "We have to get to school."