Kuki

My bunk mates had been pretty sad. They all cried, paced, or ask for parents or siblings. I carried an enthusiastic attitude. I wasn't actually happy. I just did it to make them feel better or at least distract them. They seemed better when we went to dinner.
My bunk room was the last in so had to find Sector V. My eyes immediately fell on Wally.  He wasn't vacant anymore.  I couldn't stand seeing him like that. 
I sat down at the table.  Numbuh 1 was completely beaten up. And Numbuh 5 looked concerned. I stored that little observation in my head for future reference.
A gruff, arrogant looking teen stood at the end of the room and screamed above the cacophony. "ALL RIGHT, EVERYONE GET IN THE LINCH LINE! WE DON'T CARE IF YOU PUSH, SHOVE, OR PROVOKE AS LONG AS YOU DON'T CREATE A SCENE! AND DON'T GET IN OUR WAY!
The teenage representative crossed the room and exited using a side door. There was a brief moment of silence. Then, after the children realized food was up for grabs, a stampede began. I stayed towards the back. I didn't want to get trampled.
I came with some of the more shy, wallflower like kids at the very end. There was no food left for us. I walked back to the table, crestfallen.
"Where's your food?" Hoagie asked between mouthfuls.
"There's none left." At least I was honest.
Abby spooned some of her portion of vegetable mash onto my empty tray. "Have some of mine."
I saw another spoonful fall onto my plate and Wally's utensil retreat. "Wally gave me some of his food!" I could tell I was getting a little boy crazy again, but I stifled it inside, and let its warmth fill me up with happiness and joy. I ate my vegetable mash in silence, thinking purely about Wally. Nothing else mattered right now.