Abigail

Dead. An innocent teenager had been killed by my hand. I never thought I'd stoop to the level as to commit a horrible, irrevocable felony.
The remorse inside me only grew as the days passed on. The boy had a family and friends that he could no longer return to because of me.
Hollow. That was all I felt. The emptiness inside me could not be filled as the crime I had committed could not be undone. Losing all motivation to do anything, I let Kuki gently guide me along as if I were a toddler learning to walk.
As we reached the wood, I sat down on a fallen tree. Resting my head on my hands, I stared into the wilderness.
Kuki said something indecipherable and vanished into the collection  of trees. I didn't really care where she went.
A half hour passed; another half hour I had taken from the boy who could still be alive right now had I not been so careless. So heartless. Kuki returned and whispered to Hoagie as Wally was asleep and she didn't want to wake him.  Whatever they were saying I didn't care.  If they were whispering they probably didn't want to tell Numbuh five either. 
    Hoagie got up and grabbed the stretcher from where it was propped against a tree.  I silently watched as the loaded Wally onto it as gently as they could.  Kuki then walked over to me.
    "Come on, Abby," she cooed.  Helping me off of the log where I was comfortably situated, she led me to Hoagie, who was checking to make sure Wally was all good. 
    Kuki took hold of the front of the stretcher and Hoagie took the back.  I didn't bother to trace our path as we kept going.  It felt like Kuki was leading us in circles until we came upon a little babbling brook.  A young boy stood at the mouth of a small hole in the ground.  Wordlessly, he motioned for us to follow him. 
    The stretcher was slowly lowered into the hole and we all went inside.  It was filled to the brim with Kids Next Door survivors and escapists.  Immediately, we were surrounded and bombarded with questions.  Tears streaked down all of the children's faces.  I had to help them. 
"Monsters don't help, they hurt.  It doesn't matter how hard they try."  I thought to myself.
    "STOP!"  The fourth grade president, Jimmy stood on a giant dirt mound.  "I will arrange a meeting with them and get all the details.  Until then, they are not to be bothered.  Understood?" 
    A chorus of yeses erupted.  Jimmy led us down to another tunnel hidden behind a group of kids.  As the children parted, I noticed someone or someones I didn't want to see. 
    The Delightful Children From Down The Lane looked at me.  They had been our rivals for so long and we felt more than hatred for each other.  They had tears in their eyes as well.  I wasn't ready to deal with them yet. 
🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭
    I crept from my room and snuck to the outside.  Everyone was asleep so they couldn't hear me.  I knelt by the stream.  The moonlight shined upon the water allowing me to see my reflection. 
"I am not a monster.  It was an accident.  I will redeem myself," I thought.  Suddenly, I knew what I had to do.  I would teach the other kids to fight.  Even the Delightful Children.  Then, I would return for Nigel and end the teenage reign.