Wallabee

Training sucks. I woke up to the sound of someone hitting an annoyingly pitched cowbell repetitively. Rubbing my eyes, I peered off the side of the upper bunk.
"Rise and shine, pipsqueaks. Breakfast is in five." A teenaged boy strode confidently out of the room. "We'll see who's smirking after I'm done with you!" I thought, climbing out of bed and rolling up the sleeves of my uniform. I balled my hands into fists.
"Whoa, Numbuh 4." Hoagie grabbed the back of my shirt. I turned and glared at him.
"Let it go for once. You will get into more trouble than you would satisfaction."
Unfortunately, he was right. I let my arms go slack and my sleeves fall back to their previous position. I inhaled deeply, and let it out.
"All right. Let's go get some food."
🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭
    Sector V ate in total silence.  We were all deep in thought.  Even if we weren't, what would we say?
    I couldn't keep my eyes off Kuki.  Even though she had just gotten out of bed and static electricity made her sleep tousled hair cling to her prison uniform, she was the most beautiful thing I had laid eyes on. I would look into those chocolate brown eyes all day if she'd let me. Kuki could feel me looking and turned. I quickly averted my gaze.
A giant bell rang loudly outside signaling the end of the breakfast period. Dang. They immediately took us outside in our bunk groups again. Combining a girl group and a boy group, the teens forced us into a grid formation.
I noticed the girl group that was combined with mine was Kuki's. That was great! I would always know if she was all right.
"DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME FIFTY!" A teenage drill sergeant spit into my face.
I obeyed his order but after the first twenty both Hoagie, Kuki, and I couldn't do more. All the others had dropped out too.
"KEEP GOING YOU SISSIES! UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE PUNISHED FOR DISOBEYING A DIRECT ORDER!"
That renewed our energy and we completed the push-ups. Directly after this, the teen took us to a cross country running course. This was definitely more than a five k. It even included low to the ground barbed wire in places. FUN.