Chapter 2 - Sydney

When I get to my car, I turn around and look at his office. Everwood is plastered in white at the front of the building. The building has a modern look to it. It's pretty much made of glass with white structures holding it in place, almost futuristic in a way.

I drive an old yellow mustang that I bought off a second hand car shop. I've had it for five years, since I was eighteen. Although it looks tacky, it drives like a babe. I wish one day I could afford the 2016 Ford Mustang GT FM, that would be sweet. I love my car, it's just rusty on one side and the paint job scratched on the other. Most people wouldn't be seen with it but me, I have a secret passion for cars.

I get in my car and drive back to my apartment. When I get home, I change into shorts and a tank top. I sit across the couch staring out again the window. The trees move as the wind blows against it.

------

His hand travels up my bare back as his kisses my neck. I want to pull him closer because his body feels right, against mine. I tilt my head back as he kisses my neck further, a small moan escaping my lips. It feels good though and I don't want it to stop.

I wake up shaking the sweat off me. I don't know if that was a nightmare or a dream, except all I can feel is a tingling sensation through my body. Pushing my blanket aside, I twist and get out of bed. I grab an hair tie and pull my dark, chocolate brown hair into a pony tail as I brush my teeth. Afterwards I step into the shower and let the warm water run across my body, the steam covering the glass panes. It feels peaceful here, I can close my eyes.

He presses me against the cold white tiles, stretching my hand above my head as he kisses me passionately. Water runs down his body and then down across mine.

I open my eyes. The thought of him consumes me even in the shower and it scares me. I barely know the guy and just one time meeting him seems to have messed with my senses. I quickly wash myself and hop out of the shower in hopes that I won't have to see him again, in my dreams or in the shower.

I blow dry my hair, my natural waves fall down across my shoulder. I wear skinny white jeans and a military green coloured top with nude ankle boots. I scan the mirror, I look much better than I usually do. Most days I just wear a sweatshirt and converse or sneakers of sorts. Today I've actually dressed up, and that too for no reason.

I grab a book of my bookshelf in the living room, grab the keys off the bench and head downstairs to the apartment car park. When I get in the car, my heart sinks. There in the passenger seat is a document, one of the documents I was supposed to hand to Alaina's boss and somehow forgot to.

It's not like I could go back to the office, that would be embarrassing. Plus he hasn't even asked for it so perhaps he has not noticed, and if he hasn't noticed then the document mustn't been so important.

It's a lie I convince myself of because if Alaina gave me them for a reason and that was because they were important. She's going to be so disappointed. I drive to my local coffee shop and order a coffee as I sit by the window with my book. The owner of the coffee shop knows me well and often puts a reserved sign up by the window because she knows I like sitting here. Today though, there is another reserved sign by the other side of the window. I don't like the idea of sharing space with anyone.

I twist my head and watch for the tables. Maybe I could move. I lift my book bringing it to my face. When I attempt to read though, it's like I see him. Flint Everwood. I shut my book. He's rich, successful and most likely a player. I mean aren't all guys with that much money. He seems the type. I've seen girls scream around him on TV, throwing their arms around him and he usually returns the hug. As if that wouldn't scare him.