Chapter 6 - Sydney

His body is extremely close, enough for me to feel the heat radiating off his body. I inch a little back but I'm already pressed against his car and can barely move. I squeeze the keys in my hand. There's a smirk on his face again.

I swallow. "What are you doing here?"

"Why don't you take the car for a spin and maybe I'll tell you then."

I want to point out that that is impossible with him in the way but I think he knows that. He just wants to see if I can do something about it.

Suddenly I feel like the party is a wrong idea. This is the second, if not the third time this guy has invaded my space and chances are it'll happen again at the party. What is my luck? I thought I'd never see the guy again and everywhere I go, he's there.

"The party," I say mustering up some courage. "Why did you invite me?"

He leans in close enough and whispers in my ear, "Because you're different and I quite like that."

His answer surprises me because that's not what I had in mind at all. Part of me is telling me he is sincere but the other part is telling me that he's probably told hundreds of girls the exact same thing. There's nothing unique or special about me. I'm not different.

I can feel his breathing against the side of my neck and ear. If someone walks into the car park and witnesses this, it'll be so embarrassing.

"It's a business party," I say. "It makes no sense for me to be there."

Flint smirks again before moving out of my way. He opens the door to his Porsche. "Did you want to get in for a drive?"

I nod because I still do but now it feels like a bad idea. I'd sell my soul for a car like that and I hate that I'm so predictable. He knows I desperately want to drive the Spyder and he is using it to his advantage.

I move forward and take a seat in the driver's seat. Alaina would kill me if she knew. She's secretly had a crush on Flint since she started to work in his office.

Suddenly the engine roars, coming to life when I start the Porsche. My heart skips a beat and I feel giddy, almost childlike. This is going to be sweet.

Flint Everwood takes a seat next to me, he's in jeans and a plain black t-shirt today but somehow he makes that look even hot. I hate myself for thinking that.

I reverse the car out of the car park and head it straight down the street. It's a smooth drive. The car is silent, just the way I like it and a huge smile spreads across my face. If I never own a car like this, at least I can say I drove one.

I take a left to Rosemary street and drive past the houses. I feel like I want to cry because this is an amazing moment. To anyone else, I'd seem crazy but to some car fanatic I'd seem normal.

It's a manual car though and despite having drove a manual car once or twice before, I'm out of practice. The car roars and suddenly I'm very much aware that there is a guy beside me who is waiting for me to shift gears.

My palms sweat and I stare at the road. I know a little hence getting us this far but what now. Before I can waste a second, Flint's hands cover mine and he shifts gears for me. I watch him from the corner of my eye and a smile plasters across my face. That was an embarrassing moment and he could've made it worse but he chose not to acknowledge it.

I slow down against the rough road we reach and I turn around to head to the car park. I wouldn't want him to think I'd taken over his car. He shifts gears a second time when we get near the car park before he removes his hand off mine.

I park the car and exit, handing him the key. "That was amazing," I say, suddenly realising I might seem crazy getting exciting over a car so I calm it down. "Thank you."

Flint smiles. "My pleasure."

There's an awkward pause. I don't know what to say and part of me wants to run before he corners me again. He seems to be really good at that.

"Remember what you asked me before?"

I nod. "I was wondering why you were here?"

Flint Everwood's lip inches up. "You left your clutch at my office when you dropped off the document," and there in his hand is my black clutch.

I shake my head in confusion, how could I not remember leaving that there. As I step forward and reach out to grab it, he pulls the clutch towards himself forcing me forward too. I slam against him before he holds me round the hips to steady me. He brushes my hair out of my face and plants a quick kiss on my cheek that leaves me flabbergasted.

I freeze as I watch him drop my clutch in my hand and get in his car. He drives off and I stand there still as can be trying to register what just happened.

He kissed me.

Okay, so it wasn't on the lips but still. That has to mean something or maybe he's just playing with me because he knows I'm weak and vulnerable. Am I weak and vulnerable? I hope not. No girl wants that.

I can't go the party now. I grab my phone from my pocket and send Alaina a simple text that reads no business party for me, sorry before pressing send. Alaina is going to shred me to pieces because she knows how Flint is supposed to be. I don't want her to lose her job but he doesn't seem like the kind to fire her to get what he wants.

My phone chimes. No way. You're not letting me down.

I'm going to be the odd one out I reply before sending it to Alaina.

If Flint asked you there then he has a reason. I don't want to get in his bad books. Please help a friend out. Love, Alaina.

I frown. This girl is going to get me. She knows I can barely say no to her, she's practically like a sister to me.

I rub my cheek where Flint had kissed me a few minutes ago. I'm going to go insane. I was supposed to go for a drive, something I like to do when I want to clear my mind but my mind is overfilled and it seems impossible to do now. I turn around and head upstairs to my apartment.

I heat some water up as I change into an oversized sweater that drops mid-thigh. I frown. The last few days have been intense and crazy. There's this guy who happens to be a billionaire, he gets too comfy with me, pays a girl who lives in a small apartment and works as a waitress enough attention to make her heart second guess the ideas running in her mind.

He could have a supermodel as his wife and a Hollywood actress as his side chick and yet he spent an awful amount of time with me because when I stare at the clock I realise I was there for almost an hour and a half.

He bites my lower lip before pushing me against the couch. His body presses against mine and my hand reaches to undo the buttons on his shirt. He kisses my neck forcing a small moan to escape from my lips. I run my hands down his chest once I get his shirt off, his abs rock solid under my touch. He runs his hand across my hand before pulling me into a kiss.

The hoot of the kettle snaps me out of my gaze. I blink registering the kind of thoughts I was having. They need to stop or else I'll lose my mind.

I need a fairy tale. Heck I deserve one. Not a guy who sleeps with a girl and then doesn't call her the next day.