Chapter 28 - Sydney

His hands are on my waist. I should feel disgusted but it feels so good. Part of me can't believe that I became weak again. Somehow around this man I cannot think straight, and Samantha wants me to survive 3 months.

He tucks my hair behind my ear and leans in to kiss me again. "You're beautiful," he whispers.

I choke back the tear forming. Flint cannot see me like this.

My naked body rests against his silk sheets. His hand runs down my bare back. I love the touch. I love the feeling. I love the heat between us.

Of course I don't tell him that. I've already shown him how weak I was. I practically begged him.

"You're quiet," Flint says in my ear.

"I'm thinking," I say straightforwardly.

He frowns beside me. "Having doubts?"

I blink watching him. "Doubts?"

"About what we just did," Flint clarifies. "I don't think you should."

I nod pushing myself on my elbows. Maybe the best way to get over how special this was...is to ruin the moment.

"How many?" I ask him.

Flint watches me in confusion before asking, "how many what?"

"How many girls have you slept with?" I blurt out and almost surprise myself that I even had the courage to ask it.

Of course I know I'd hate the answer but it would be the only way I could hate him, especially after what we just did.

Flint watches me. I can tell he's thinking whether or not to tell me.

"Two," he says.

My elbows slip underneath me and my face hits the pillow. Quickly adjusting myself, I face him.

"Just two?" I ask.

Flint nods and I can see the sincerity in it. He's not lying. "Just two," he confirms.

"Who were they?"

"My ex girlfriend," he says rubbing the back of his neck. "And you."

My eyes open in shock. "I'm one of your two."

He nods.

"You're telling me...a guy like yourself has only been with one person before myself."

Flint nods again but doesn't say a word.

"Why'd it end?"

I know I'm stepping in private territory but curiosity overtakes me.

"I was nineteen. Thought she was my world but found her in bed with another guy one day."

"And no one since," I whisper. "Why?"

"I've had flings. I've done things. Lots of things...with lots of girls but never did I feel the way I did with them as I did with you. There was no reason to go that extra step."

I so wanted to hate him. I tried but then I was a complete and utter idiot for asking a question like this because now I'm sort of melting, and I don't like it one bit.

His fingers lace around my hair and he pulls me closer. His lips touch mine gently but that pace doesn't last long. Before I know it, he's lips are pressed hard against mine that I'm sure a bruise will formulate.

My hand runs up his chest and laces through his hair. I'm breathless. Flint grabs my hips and twists me, angling me beneath him.

The thought sends several images through my mind, none which are innocent.

He leans against me but the sudden knock on the door stops us both. Whatever he was about to do, I'll miss out.

Chances are, I'll be weak again. Beg him once again.

"Flint, honey," the voice says behind the door.

My eyes open wide as if about to jump out of their sockets. That's his mother and I'm here naked in his bed about to do who knows what.

Flint watches me, a smirk appearing on his lips. He bends down slowly and kisses my neck before whispering, "don't panic," against my neck.

I push him back and attempt to get off the bed. I need to find my clothes.

"I'll be there in a sec," Flint replies back to his mother.

As I lean down to grab my clothes by the edge of the bed, Flint's hand wraps around my arm and he pulls me back on the bed. "Relax," he tells me. "There's nothing wrong with being naked in my bed. You're my girlfriend after all."

I watch him and shake my head. "They think I'm your fiancée, remember?" I whisper.

Flint rubs his hands together. "Even better," he says leaning into me. His lips warm my neck as he plants a kiss by the side of my neck.

His hand guides my neck further back, exposing more of my skin to him. His other hand squeezes my hip while he kisses my neck. I moan softly and bite my tongue the second I do. I am so sure he heard that.

Flint leans against me. "I like it when you moan."

I push him back and whisper, "that wasn't a moan."

"Whatever it was, you liked it," he says walking over to his walk-in wardrobe. "And why are you whispering?" He says peaking his head out from his wardrobe to watch me.

I point at the door. "Your mother," I mouth.

Just as I mouth those words, his mother's voice echoes through the door. "Flint, will you hurry? Meet us downstairs."

Flint smiles at me. Then turns his attention to the door. "Five minutes and I'm there."

I hate the look he gives me. I hate it so much.

When footsteps carry away from the door, I know his mother is gone.

"Now where were we," Flint says suddenly appearing by my side.

He wastes no time pressing me against the wall and kissing me. My naked body exposed against the air. It's so much more awkward now. It was better hiding amongst the sheets in the bed.

His hand wraps around me only to see him wrap a blush pink silk robe around my body. "Five minutes," he says. "Five minutes and we have to be downstairs."

----------------

Everyone is there, Samantha included. She smiles and starts a conversation with me but it all seems fake.

How can she be so calm and cool like nothing has happened?

Her whole family think Flint and I are engaged but we're not and Samantha knows that.

"You found the right girl," Samantha says to Flint.

I look down at my plate, somehow pancakes won't cut it. I place my fork against the pancakes and stab it subtly a few times.

Flint gives my hand a squeeze and moves the fork away from me. I don't know what he thinks but I know what Samantha sees.

She must be playing at something and that is not something I want to be involved in. Somehow I'm stuck right in the middle of it. All because of a damn contract.

Flint taps my thigh under the table and leans in to get the maple syrup from in front of me. "Breathe," he whispers in front of me. "I can tell them the truth if that comforts you."

My eyes go wide and I'm pretty sure my mouth drops open. Flint with a smile kisses the side of my cheek while guiding his hand across my face, almost instructing me to close my mouth. "Everyone is staring, babe."

I angle my face away from them and look Flint directly in the eyes. "We have to tell them."