Chapter 27 - Flint

This sudden desire to have her close consumes me. It's like I can't keep my hands away from her. Not in the sense of touching but perhaps holding and feeling her heat close to my body.

Sydney watches me. I can tell she's confused. She thinking about her options. I can see it in her eyes. She's contemplating whether I'm right for her. She still has doubts and I need to remove them.

I tuck her hair behind her ear and pull her closer, her palm resting on my chest. Sydney hesitates for a second as if not knowing whether or not her hand on my chest is okay.

"It's fine," I say smirking in her direction.

"You have that right," I whisper in her ear.

He hand crunches up into a ball as she sighs before opening her hand again and resting it on my chest.

I can see by the way she stares off into the distance that she lost in a thought. Whatever Sydney is thinking about, I need to know.

Tilting her neck back, I subtly kiss the side of her neck. It sends a shiver down her body that she attempts to hide. "Reacting that way to your boyfriend isn't a bad thing."

She stops, pulling her head up and stares me in the eyes. "Boyfriend?"

I nod. "Boyfriend," I say confidently.

My fingers lace into hers and I wrap my left hand around her hip to pull her closer. Her chest bumps into mine and her eyes go wide.

I can tell she hasn't done this a lot or even often. She feels uncomfortable and it's my job to put her at ease.

"Why don't I show you what else I can do as your boyfriend?" I say as I give her hip a squeeze.

She blinks as if registering what I've just said while I pick her off the ground. I bring her down the cobblestone pavement and up the front door. I go up the stairs and stop short of my bedroom.

Planting a kiss on her forehead, I make my way inside and drop her ever so lightly onto the bed. As she attempts to lift herself up, my hand reaches down and rests against the bed sheets and I lean further down against her forcing Sydney to back down against the bed.

She places her hand on my chest and slightly pushes me away. It's not at a force to tell me to back away, it's more like she's teasing or testing me.

When I lean further down, her hand wraps around my back. "Please," she begs.

I watch her, my eyes scanning hers for an answer.

"I need this," she says breathlessly, pulling my body closer to hers.

"I hurt you last time," I whisper.

Her tears begin to fall down her side and against the pillow. She takes another deep breath. "Free me," is all she says as she lays still.

She wants me to free her. It must mean she feels trapped, and I can't do this if I'm the one who has trapped her.

Kissing her salty tears, "Free you from who?" I say against her cheek.

"From the three months," she says as she reaches for my shirt. "Please just do this."

I remember the first time she asked for this. I had watched my bed sheets get tainted and I felt bad that I did that to her. She deserved someone better and I was going to prove that to her.

"Don't ever fall weak in front of a man. Let the man fall weak in front of you," I tell her.

Sydney watches me in confusion, so I give her the ammunition. "I need you, I want you so please let me have this," I ask.

She watches me for another minute, my words making sense to her. She knows now I've given her the chance to not be the one asking for it. Instead I'm asking for it.

"Flint," she whispers. "Take it."

Without a second to waste, I inch her hands against the end of my shirt and without hesitate she pulls it off. I grab her thigh and pull her closer. My hand reaches the back of Sydney's dress and I flip her to give me easy access to her zipper. Once I unzip the dress, I don't take it off, I merely push it off her shoulders. I plant a soft kiss on her collarbone and watch as she bend back from the pleasure. Her fingers dig into my skin as my hand inches the dress a lift further off her shoulders exposing her bra.

Her left hand runs down my chest. I can she's feeling every inch of muscle she can. I bring my lips to hers and my tongue forces its way in. I kiss her with such passion I think I almost lose myself in the kiss. Her left hand runs up and down my chest while her right hand laces into my hair. With a quick kiss, I pull my lips away from hers and work on her dress. I watch it fall to the ground as Sydney lays on the bed in just her bra and panties.

"Mind helping me out of mine," I smirk.

She smiles and quickly works as the button on my jeans before she unzips them. I pull them off and watch it fall beside her dress.

Teasingly I nibble on the skin around her hips, gradually moving to the middle of her stomach planting small kisses. Her fingers dig into the bed sheets and her toes curl. This has an effect on her.

Breathlessly she pulls my head up closer to hers as her lips caress mine. At first there's no tongue but then when she begs entry I tease her. I nibble on her tongue before giving her entry. Her hands rest on my hips as I twist her around, forcing myself under her.

She blinks, the movement way too fast for her to comprehend. Sydney smiles. As she leans down to kiss me, her hands trail down my chest but she doesn't pull her lips away from mine. I love the way she touches my skin. I love her hands on my body. I love her heat.