Part 12

Things at school are awkward. People are still bothering me but I wish one of them was Joe. I think he saw me yesterday because today when I saw him he looked really guilty. For some reason I don't feel like talking to Luna is Diana. I think you can guess why.

During maths, which I have with Joe and Diana, I suddenly feel angry. It is an emotion I am very familiar with. I sit at the front so I turn to look at the other two. Joe is getting on with his work, but Diana is staring into the back of my head, and she looks mad. That's never a good sign when a demon, particularly Diana, is mad.

At lunch, I go and find them, they are in the usual place. Diana still looks mad, I think they all do. I decide not to talk with them. It's that simple. As a walk away, they all start laughing. Yeah, it wasn't a one off and there was no chance they weren't talking about me. Perfect, isn't it? I get my only secret spelled out for the whole school and my friends hate me. Again, it's perfect, isn't it?

At home, I explain my food situation to my parents. They think it's great. I realise I haven't eaten or drunk a thing all day. I go for a blood bottle. Those are what the name suggests. A bottle full of blood. Tasty. Sort of.

A text beaps my phone.

Joe Ghalo:  Sorry about the others. I hope you understand that I don't support them. I love you Mariah. Forgive me for not doing any thing.

I smile. Maybe it's just Luna being reacted by the moon. No. It can't be. That doesn't happen. I should wake up. Life isn't cream and strawberries any more.