Part 32

I lie on my back and throw a tennis ball at the ceiling, every time it falls into my hand so I could throw it without moving. I don't want to think. We had won the last battle but people are growing suspicious. We had lost a lot of people. All I feel is  guilt. Like I said, I don't want to think. I close my eyes.

"Hey you're that Mariah girl, aren't you?" A voice says. I recognise the voice to belong to Joe. I am about 7 yeas old. "Well, you're pretty awesome. They way you socked that guys face, I'm amazed. If you want to hang with my gang, you're welcome." He rubs the back of his neck then walks away, high fovonf one of his mates. I had been in a fight. I had won by miles. It feels good to smash someones face in. You should tr- not try it.

I giggle. I haven't changed. I don't turn down a chance to punch people's faces flat. Hehe don't follow my example. I catch the tennis ball and throw out the window to Joe who is sitting in the garden. He catches it without looking up.

It's time for the weekly meeting. We are going to plan a recruitment speech in public. With more people, we can win. If we beat the fourth biggest city, the end can't be far off, right? We are going to send out small parties to deal with the smaller places. I get dressed into my favourite smart outfit.

"And so that concludes the third official meeting of the SSSS. We will have a public meeting on Saturday at the Chateur at 5:30. The speech will begin at 5:37." I bow and the others clap. I guess that's what I will be doing then.