Part 42

JOE'S P. O. V

I can't believe it. We won. We did it. But there was a price to pay. Mariah. Don't worry, she didn't die. She nearly did though. She has been in a coma for about a month. It's a regular thing we think. She got blood lust. We had no blood and she was too weak to fight.

Mariah said we would win so many times we thought we could. That was what lived by. Mariah smiled. She got mad and lost it, but she smiled. She was always able to keep going. Even in her moments of fear and worry, she kept going. She never said, "This is gone too far," or, "Let's go back," or anything like that. She was persistent.
That's why we are scared. When she was last in a coma, she wasn't sleeping properly. She made little snuffling notices and rolled around a bit. Now, she is still. Her reddish hair perfectly laid around her, her arms lying still. She doesn't look happy. I talk to her when I can. I spend all my time just sitting talking to her, when not with the others. It's like she understands but doesn't. She still comforts me when she's asleep. God that sounds creepy.

A lot has happens since victory. The public are wanting to see Mariah bit that's not happening. All doors are locked but I get in. I just want her to be back. I want her to wake up and tell me it's all alright. I know what really has happened. She isn't dead yet. She is weak. Very weak. We feared this may happen but not to Mariah. After a supernatural that can't die, like me and her, grows weak they start fading. They are still there but for between an hour and three days they are erased from existence. When they come back, they are the same person, but different. They can't remember who they used to be straight away and it can take a while for them to remember. I just hope she can stay, I don't want to lose her. For her to lose me.