A CUP OF COFFEE

Marinette P.O.V.

I walk to school slowly making sure to not bump into anything or get in any situation that could break my project, I finally reach the classroom safe and sound and place it on Adrien's desk since we will be sitting together for class.

"Early for once" I hear Alya say from behind me.

"Good morning Alya." I greet as she walks in holding hands with Nino who has their project under his other arm. "Morning Nino" I say to him.

"Good morning" they greet as they place their project on my desk, there were multiple ways one could design their project so I admire and examine theirs.

"Is that a new outfit? Because it's beautiful Mari" Alya asks me, I blush a little. I decided to change my style a little, I'm wearing a pastel pink dress with a black coat over it, I wear black tights under and black ankle boots, my hair is in a single ponytail adorned by a bow made of the same fabric as my dress.

"Y-yeah, my mom thought it would be nice to see me change my style every once in a while...so I followed her advice and changed my style a little, though I doubt I'll be able to pull it off" I tell them nervously.

"Well if you look at that, Marinette tried to look decent for once! sadly for her, she failed," Chloe says as she enters the room with Sabrina right behind her, she giggles at Chloe's remark but I just ignore them and place my backpack down next to Adrien's seat.

"You know, even if a trash bag dresses in silk, it's still a trash bag" Chloe says as she seems to approach me but once again I just turn, ignore her, and yawn.

"Are you listening to me you moron?!" Chloe yells as she grabs my shoulder and turns me around.

"Don't you go thinking that just because you got paired up with my Adrikins you are so much better than me! He doesn't like you in the least! I bet you're nothing more than a charity case for him! I mean you ARE Maritrash! Stay away from him or I'll make you! HE IS MINE YOU HEAR?!" Chloe yells, as she says the last part though she swings her arm and throws the cup of coffee she is holding at me, I cover my face as soon as I see what's about to happen. The hot liquid quickly impact me and drenches me burning my skin. I let out a tiny cry of pain as I feel it all over my body, not only ruining my outfit but leaving my skin irritated.

Adrien P.O.V.

I walk towards the classroom, early for once since I want to see Marinette, maybe it's too early since school doesn't start for at least another forty five minutes as I get closer to the classroom though, I hear yelling from a familiar voice.

"Are you listening to me you moron?!" I hear as I hurry to get to the classroom, I am almost a hundred percent sure of who the voice belongs to.

"Don't you go thinking that just because you got paired up with my Adrikins you are so much better than me! He doesn't like you in the least! I bet you're nothing more than a charity case for him! I mean you ARE Maritrash! Stay away from him or I'll make you! HE IS MINE YOU HEAR?!" Chloe yells as I enter the classroom, I see her throw what seems to be a rather large cup of coffee at Marinette, who lets out a barely audible cry.

"Marinette!" Alya exclaims grabbing Marinette who nearly falls to the ground from the impact of what I assume is a very hot liquid.

"I'm okay," Marinette claims as she stands up and looks at Chloe, but she doesn't look okay. Her whole body is soaked with coffee! Luckily her face seems to be dry since she has fast reflexes and managed to cover her face.

"Let's... let's set things straight Chloe..." Marinette says, her voice seems shake-y, "Adrien is NOT AN OBJECT!" she yells making everyone in the room go quiet, that is not what anyone expected to hear, after being soaked in coffee that's definitely what any of us would say at least, her Ladybug is showing, she's defending mewhen it was her that got hurt.