3/4 Christmas special

3/4ths of the way there. I hope everyone is enjoying this story and is having a lovely holiday season. Don't be a downer like Amer Noel and celebrate! Spread the holiday cheer and maybe some Miraculous Ladybug cheer too! ;)

Amer Noel watched as the streets filled with people again after the snow died down. "Perfect," he grinned. He waved his hand through the air and all the street lights flickered out. The holiday music stopped playing and a thick fog rolled in. Everything went silent until Amer Noel's voice boomed, "Unhappy Christmas to all and to all a bad night!" The eyes of the people surrounding him dulled. Their clothes turned grey and dingy reflecting their emotions. Amer Noel seemed to suck the joy out of everyone and everything. Amer Noel laughed at his work. "This is more like it," he cackled. He walked through the street, removing its joy and happiness. Bells stopped ringing and children stopped singing. Everything turned grey and dismal. Even the snow seemed to lose its energy.

"Ladybug," Chat Noir said as he saw his lady in the distance. "What's up, kitty?" Ladybug giggled as she met with her partner. "Happy holidays."

"You too," Chat Noir winked. Ladybug rolled her eyes at his flirtatious attitude. It could be annoying, but also very adorable. Chat placed his hand over his pocket where the box containing the necklace was. Should he wait or give it to her now? He didn't think the mood was quite right, but he could make it right. "You look beautiful on this snowy evening," Chat whispered, taking a step closer to Ladybug. "Thanks," she laughed. "Do you want me to return the compliment?"

"No need, my lady." Chat gave a small bow, causing Ladybug to laugh even more. He was such a silly kitty. "I was wondering if you had any holiday plans," Chat asked. Ladybug nodded her head. "A few, but I could always spare some extra time for you if you really want." Ladybug couldn't deny his request for more time together. From his small stories about his normal life, the holidays weren't a fun time for him. He was usually alone at home. If she could make him happy, she would do anything. No one deserved to be alone during the holidays, especially not her alley cat. Chat gave her a giant smile, revealing his white teeth.

"Well then, maybe the two of us could…"

"Shhh…" Ladybug said, covering Chat Noir's mouth. His eyes focused on her hands which were touching his lips. "Do you hear that?" Chat Noir strained his ear and even with his enhanced hearing, he heard nothing. "There's nothing," he observed. Ladybug nodded in agreement. "Exactly. Look." She gestured to the town below them. All the lights were out and it was silent. There was no music, no people, no anything.

"Something isn't right," Ladybug said. "Follow me." She took out her yo-yo and threw it, letting it latch onto a building. She jumped away with Chat Noir running at her heels. They landed on the street and were amazed at what they saw. People were standing around doing absolutely nothing. Their clothes were grey and they had lifeless eyes. There was a strange fog as well. Everyone seemed to be void of joy. "Look at all these people!" Ladybug cried. "This must be the work of an akuma, but where could it be?" Her eyes darted around the scene for answers, but she found none. Chat was doing the same, though he was secretly very upset. "Of course," he thought to himself. "The one night I really didn't need an akuma attack."

"Chat, look here!" Ladybug called out. Chat Noir ran over to her. She had kneeled down on the snow and was pointing to a trail of footprints. "These footprints… Even though it's snowing, they don't seem to be filling in almost as if someone was leaving a sign of their presence. Chat, can you track down who these belong to?"

"I'm not a dog," Chat Noir sniffed. "But we can just follow them the normal way."

"Let's go then." He and Ladybug followed the tracks through Paris. Whoever this akuma was, they had covered a lot ground. All of Paris seemed to be silent. There wasn't a single light. It was eerie and gave Ladybug the shivers. "Why would someone do this?" she wondered as she and Chat searched for the perpetrator. "It's like their trying to rid Paris of all its holiday cheer."