Explanations and hope

Marinette P.O.V.

"Chat... please take care of her" I manage to groan as I sink to my knees, my earrings are beeping. I don't know how much longer I can take. Chat nods to me reassuringly he grabs the victim and her hair pin and jumps off the roof.

I let out a sigh of relief as my body gives in and I fall on the hard concrete, I'm full of bruises and scratches and I'm sure I look like a mess. My body hurts and I don't know how to describe it. I'm in so much pain, my powers didn't work on me, it didn't fix my bruised body and I have a feeling I know why; I just hope everyone else is okay.I don't care if I am hurt .It just matters we stop the akuma and purify it .

I let tears of pain come out of my eyes, I have to stay positive but my body aches and I just feel like yelling but that won't make the pain go away. I can't move, I can't even let out another word, I feel light headed while my body feels heavy. Pink light surrounds me and I transform back. My dress is torn, my hair a mess, tears streak down my face, scratches and bruises are all over my body. My body feels hot, and I can't stop panting. I feel Tikki hug my cheek.

"Marinette..." she says as she floats above me, I see her small little figure. She's tired as well, her voice is weak but she still manages to float above me, I'm glad she isn't hurt. I manage to smile at her but more tears streak down my face.

"I... I'm sorry Tikki" I muster to say, my voice sounds weak and it's very shake-y. I can feel my eyelids go heavy, my head is pounding causing me to groan.

"Marinette... Marinette! MARINETTE!" is all I hear but the world is black and I soon slip away.To a endless darkness.

Adrien P.O.V.

I kneel on the ground, Marinette lying there unconsciously, battered and bruised; her delicate features now purple and blue while there's a deep cut in side. Tikki and Plagg eat silently, i pull out my phone and text Natalie claiming I met up with a friend and I'm staying over, she refuses but after a few texts she tells me to pass by to pick up my stuff tomorrow since I am staying at Marinette's house.

I mentally thank her for not making this situation complicated, I kneel here worried, it seems like it will be an eternity before the kwamis' charge up and explain but none the less I kneel there my tears finally stopping but the heavy feeling in my heart remains as well as the uneasiness in my stomach. I see Plagg giving Tikki small pats on the back while she chews on the cookies.

Finally the kwamis' finish eating and float up again but neither talk to me but instead look at me sympathetically, afraid to tell me what's wrong. Tikki takes a deep breath and opens her mouth after what seems like forever.

"Adrien..." is all I hear her say.

"Please tell me what happened, why did she just attack females? Why is Marinette hurt like this? Shouldn't she be healed? Why won't she react?" I ask as tears brim my eyes again.

"Adrien, we need to take her home first so we can treat her wounds. Please transform and take her home and I'll explain everything back there," Tikki says, her usually cheerful voice seems gloomy and her expression sad, I just nod not trusting myself to speak.

"Plagg! Claws out!" I say as he flies into my ring, not a single voice coming out of his mouth to complain, I know he cares about Tikki and seeing her like this mustn't be easy for him. I lift Marinette's purse and put it in her pocket while Tikki flies in, I lift her up bridal style making sure to position her in a way I won't hurt her more and start jumping from roof to roof then from tree to tree, we're pretty far from Marinette's home but that won't stop me from running as fast as i can. Thirty minutes pass, Marinette hasn't shifted even once but her soft breathing is steady and reassuring. Another forty five minutes pass and finally the familiar bakery is in view. I reach her balcony and Tikki flies out with a pair of keys and opens the balcony door for us, I walk in, careful not to mess anything up and lay Marinette on her bed.