Chapter 24

After leading that person out (still a stranger to me), Jooheon asked me to tell I.M. to come. I texted him to come visit Jooheon. He didn't seem to want to come immediately seeing the way he replied to my text. So I told him it was an emergency. You always had to go to extreme lengths to get his attention.

He arrived 30 minutes later blaming traffic. He always used this as an excuse though I believed him. Traffic jams could be difficult sometimes.

Jooheon: Ha Neul, can you wait outside please?

Me? He wanted me to get out like the girl just now.

Jooheon: Please.

I obeyed and closed the door behind me. I sat and waited. When I.M opened the door to tell me that I could come back, his face was pale, he looked like he had seen a ghost.

We remained silent for a while. I wanted to ask them what they spoke about, but if they asked me to go out, it was because they didn't want me to know.

I.M: Jooheon, can you walk with our help or it's not recommended? We could eat together in the cafeteria at noon. It would make you breathe some new air.

Jooheon: If you support me, I should be able to travel unhindered.

As expected, we went there. I sat next to I.M, in front of Jooheon.

Everything was well until I.M and I saw THE girl coming toward us. I.M motioned me to get to ehr. I shrugged, giving him a look begging him not to make me go. But I understood that it was to prevent her fro getting near Jooheon or just to prevent him from seeing her.

I got up and hurried to join her to pull her out of the cafeteria. 

Cho Hae: Wha.. what are you doing?

Me: I wanted us to get to know each other better. Since I often see you here, I think you seem to be nice.

How to invent a lie in 10 seconds.

Cho Hae: I really want to talk to Jooheon, but I think he doesn't take my return very well. It's true that it's so unusual that it must have been a shock for him after his accident.

*POV of I.M*

I was worried about Jooheon. With that girl around, it would be impossible for him to heal in peace. When he told me he saw her, I could not believe it. He looked so shocked that I almost wanted to believe him. I told him not to worry, it was someone who looked like her a lot, but I saw her just now. I'm sure of it. It was her and nobody else. How was that possible? My only goal was to protect Jooheon because this story was downright suspicious.

Jooheon seemed calmer now. I changed his ideas. However, I very anxious deep inside. I could hide it well but I hated the feeling of being always alert and feeling my heart beating at a higher rate than normal even if all goes well at the moment.

And then there was Ha Neul. Tell her? Maybe not a good idea? Did I have a choice? Not really. Yet another thing she had to understand for the good of Jooheon. Yet how was I supposed to explain something I did not understand myself?

*POV of Ha Neul*

Cho Hae: Oh you know, I had a difficult past. With my parents and everything. And one day, I left the house. I went to live with a friend in Seoul and met Jooheon at a party that my friend had organized. We started seeing each other and-

Me (interrupting her): You're one of his ex?

Cho Hae (almost proudly): Yep Yep, if not the only one.

I chuckled at hearing this revelation. Some memories appeared in my mind, but I chased them as she continued to speak.

Cho Hae: So I was saying... Oh! So we started seeing each other and eventually we started dating. In addition, we both wanted to become idols. We were all prepared for the auditions at Starship.

Me: Oh.. that's good.

This girl... Jooheon's ex... dreamed of becoming an idol... prepared her audition with Jooheon...

THIS GIRL WAS DEAD.

I felt my heartbeat gradually increasing. What was happening?

I did my best to appear calm. She bluntly took me for her new psychologist. It was quite rare to share his/her life with anybody. I was curious to know what happened, I was scared too.

Cho Hae: Meanwhile, my life degenerate a little. I couldn't recognize myself. I didn't even realize I had a problem. I started to be extremely jealous and possessive towards Jooheon, then one day it all came out. I tried to kill myself.

She had committed suicide. It was what I.M said. What everyone said. She was back alive 3 years later or what?

At every dramatic moment, I changed my facial expression. One moment I was outraged, the other I was saddened, shocked, frustrated, etc. I had plenty in reserve and I didn't need to force anything.

Cho Hae: I was almost dead when I arrived at the hospital. Ironically, the first people the hospital called were my parents. I had not spoken to them for a long time. Without even considering me, they sent me to a mental hospital. Far from Jooheon. They moved with me. In Australia. And they asked that all the people who know me believe that my suicide attempt fonctioned, that I was no longer part of this world.

This kind of story was just ridiculous. The more it was ridiculous and the more I believed her. Even her face was ludicrous in advance so it was totally believable.

Me: What are you doing here then?

Cho Hae: I stayed in the psychiatric ward for a year. I really suffered. When I finally got better, I got back to a normal life in this new country that I didn't have the chance to visit. Recently, after realizing that it was all about control, I wanted to find my Jooheon to apologize and for us to resume our relationship where it was left.

Better be honest so she won't have false hopes.

Me: You know, Jooheon was very traumatized after your "death". I don't think he can resume his former life with you as if nothing has ever happened.

Cho Hae: I know, but... oh, he told you? That's why he wanted me to get out?

Me: No, he didn't...

Cho Hae: He never told me about his cousin. You didn't see each other often before, right?

Me: I... I'm not his cousin...

Cho Hae: So who are you?

Me (with a low voice): His girlfriend...

End of chapter 24! We'll get to the end one day don't worry guys XD Can't wait for you to read it! Thanks to follow the fiction and to vote^^

Gamsahabnida!