Chapter Five

Picture of Elsa

********************

Chapter Five...

Sam and I just stood there, staring at the huge palace that had just appeared in front of us. I was still holding my breath with nothing on my mind except how beautiful it looked.

"Holy crap," Sam said from beside me, sounding like she couldn't breathe, all I could do was nod. All of a sudden, we heard a horrible screeching noise. Sam put her hands on her ears and so did I. That was when I noticed that the huge, non-see-through glass door was opening.

"Let's get out of here!" Sam yelled and started tugging on my arm - but I couldn't move; it felt like my feet were planted into the ground.

"No wait," I heard myself say, but it came out like a whisper. With one final loud screech, the glass door was fully opened.

There stood a beautiful young woman with long, thick brown hair and blue eyes that were shining in the moonlight. She was very tall and had fair skin. When she spoke, her voice was nice and smooth, feminine as well.

"I hope these rusty old doors didn't scare you. It's just that they haven't been opened for a while," she said, flashing us a beautiful smile.

"Who are you and where the hell did you come from?" Sam asked from next to me as the woman started to walk down the huge stairs in front of her.

"My name is Elsa," she replied, then looked me in the eyes and said, "and I've been waiting for you."

"How do you know who we are?" I asked.

"It's a very long story. Please come in and I'll explain everything," she told us.

I looked at Sam unsure if we should go in or not, she gave me a small nod and I decided to go for it.

We walked up the stairs slowly, following her. When she got to the door, she stepped inside and moved to the side, waiting for us to come in. As soon as we entered the palace, my breath caught in my throat and I heard Sam gasp from beside me.

It was beautiful: crystal chandeliers were hanging from the ceiling, the wallpaper was a soft royal beige, maroon carpet on the floor and extremely fancy furniture, candles were hung on the walls, and straight in front of us was a huge staircase with fancy wood railing that split at the top, leading right and left. There were three huge wooden doors on each of our sides.

"Let's go up to the living room so we could sit down," she said while closing the door, then she began walking up the stairs.

Sam and I followed her hesitantly. When she reached the top, she turned right and led us into the living room. It had the same gorgeous decor as down stairs; there were two maroon couches made out of smooth dark wood, a one person chair the same as the couches and a dark wooden coffee table in the middle with a tray on it.

We both sat on one of the couches while Elsa sat opposite to us on the chair.

"Would you like some tea?" she asked, reaching for the teapot on the tray.

Still shocked and unable to speak, I shook my head - we both didn't really like tea. Then I realized how rude we were being.

"No thank you," I managed to choke out.

"Where the hell did this place come from? And how did it just appear? And how do you know who we are?" Sam said so quickly that I could hardly keep up.

"Well you see, this goes all the way back to seventeen years ago, when Katherine was first born," she said, nodding her head towards me before continuing.