Chapter Twelve

*******************

Chapter Twelve...

The next morning I woke up feeling excited and nervous at the same time. It was finally the weekend and I was going to the palace early to practice. I had told my mom that I was going to the dance studio at school to practice for the dance; I mean what else was I supposed to say? I was leaving the house wearing the clothes that Elsa had given me with a jacket on, I couldn't exactly tell her that I was going shopping now could I?

As I was making my way through the forest I heard footsteps from behind me and it sounded like someone was panting, it couldn't be Sam because she told me that she had a date with Mark and she couldn't make it, the footsteps got closer and louder so I decided to face my follower, in one quick movement I turned around and lifted my hands up in fists ready to fight if they decided to attack, but I found no one there, I looked around but saw nothing so I turned around again and was just about to start walking when something moved between my legs, I screamed and jumped back then noticed that it was just a small puppy.

He looked like he was only a couple of weeks old; he was fully brown except for two big black spots, one on his right eye and the other in the middle of his back. He barked at me then put his tongue out and started to wiggle his tail.

"Hey there cute fella, what are you doing out here all alone?" I asked as I knelt down beside him and started to pat his head, looks like he liked it because he started to lick my face filling it with slobber.

"How about you come with me and we can get you washed up from all this mud okay?" I told him as I lifted him up in my arms and continued my way to the palace.

When we made it, I put the puppy down beside my feet and crouched down to pat him "Don't get scared okay? This'll only take a minute" I said as I stood up again and closed my eyes, I wrapped my hands around my locket and just stood there enjoying the light breeze on my skin and the amount of energy I felt.

When I opened my eyes the palace had appeared so I picked up the puppy and started to walk up the stairs, the huge glass doors opened and I found Chris standing there to greet me so I smiled up at him.

"Well hello there my princess, please do come in," he said while faking a British accent and bowing down.

"Thank you sir," I replied with an accent of my own, like literally my own, that didn't even sound like a human language, I walked in and Chris closed the door behind me.

"Who's this?" he asked as he took the puppy from my arms.

"I don't know, I found him wandering around the forest and he doesn't have a name tag."

"Let’s get him showered, he stinks," Chris said while he held the puppy up and scrunched his face in disgust.

"You can use the inflatable pool from the storage room on the left," Elsa said as she walked into the room, she was dressed in a pair of jeans and a blue long sleeve shirt.

"Hey Elsa, thanks, I'll get it" I said turning to face her, I headed to the third room on the left that she had pointed to. When I went in I looked around taking in the room, there were shelves on the right and left sides of the room and a big wooden closet at the back, first I went through the shelves on the right and luckily I found the box that had the pool in it right away, I took the box out and headed to the back yard where Chris was playing with the puppy.

"Got it," I said as I walked down the stairs.

"I'll blow it up," he said as he stood up and took the box from me then opened it and took the pool and the air pump out, he blew up the pool as I unreeled the hose and brought it over to him, he filled up the pool with water and put the hole back while I grabbed some shampoo from the bathroom, looking around on my way since I couldn't see Elsa anywhere.