Chapter Three

Picture of Chris.

*****************

Chapter Three...

After about a week of having the same dream, I was fed up. So I decided to look for that damn forest and find out what was so special about it. I remembered seeing a sign at the beginning of the dream when I was still in the empty street, but here was the problem, I couldn't remember what it said.

A grade-A student and I couldn't remember what a stupid sign said.

"Miss Holden, what do you think the author meant?" Mrs. Gold asked.

I sat up straight, looking at my English teacher who stood in front of me, staring back at me expectantly. I tried to remember what the question was.

Damn it, I didn't even hear the question.

"Pay attention Miss Holden," She scolded.

'Sorry!' I mouthed as she continued her lesson. I really needed to get this out of my mind; I had to find that street.

When the lunch bell rang, I hurried to the cafeteria to find Sam. I had already told her about my dream, and she thought I was crazy, but that was okay.

"Hey guys," I said smiling at the love birds in front of me.

"Hey Kate," Mark replied.

"What time's the party tonight?" I asked, taking a bite out of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Nine thirty. Do you need a ride?" Sam replied.

"Yeah that would be great."

Josh, Mark's friend from the football team, was having an eighteenth birthday party. It was going to be the party of the year.

"Are you going with anyone?" Sam asked with a smirk.

"No Sam, I'm not," I replied, rolling my eyes. This girl was always trying to hook me up.

"Good, because there's this new guy, Chris, who recently joined the football team, and he's really hot. If you want I could-"

"No thanks Sam. I'm fine with going alone."

"Oh come on. You know what happens every time."

"Yeah: you and Mark run off to a room and leave me alone."

"Look, I've met Chris, and he's a really good guy," Mark said just as the bell rang.

"No, really guys, it's fine. What time are you picking me up?" I asked Sam as I stood up and got my things ready so I could leave for my next class.

"Ten," she replied.

"At ten? You just said that the party starts at nine thirty," I said, confused.

"Yeah, but we have to be fashionably late," she replied sarcastically.

"Of course. Well bye then."

I rolled my eyes then walked to my next class.

I walked out of my room just as Sam called me on my phone - for the seventh time.

God this girl is so impatient.

I walked down the stairs, taking one last look at myself in the mirror next to the front door. I curled my long hair, put some light make up on, and wore an off-white, black polka-dotted chiffon shirt tucked into a black leather circle skirt. It was chilly outside, so I wore a pair of dark pantyhose along with a pair of hot black four inch ankle boots. I walked out of the door, making sure to lock it behind me since my mom had left a couple of hours ago to visit my aunt. She wouldn't be back until Monday, so I had the house to myself for the whole weekend. Sam was going to be staying with me so I didn't freak out on my own.