Chapter Thirteen

****************

Chapter Thirteen...

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Chris yelled at Elsa while I was standing behind him shocked and still couldn't move.

"She was supposed to stop it, not you," She replied in annoyance.

"You could have seriously hurt her," He yelled back "How about next time you tell her to watch out for a big rock that was going to come flying her way."

"Oh my god," I managed to shocked out between breathes.

"Are you okay?" Chris asked turning to me.

"Yeah I'm fine," I replied while nodding my head even though I felt kind of sick in my stomach.

"Do you want to try that again?" Elsa asked, Chris look at me sharply telling me with his eyes to say no if I didn't, but I wanted to get it over with.

"Yeah, let’s try it again," I replied then turned to Chris and thanked him, he nodded then went back to the stairs except this time he didn't sit down, he stayed standing up making sure that he was close enough to run up to me if I needed help so I smiled at him to assure him that it was okay.

"You can use fire or air, or both of them, it doesn't really matter, all I want you to do is to stop the rock from hitting you," Elsa said as she got in her position again.

"Got it," I replied as I raised my fists up and took a deep breath, ready to fight back.

She nodded then stomped her foot on the ground again making a smaller rock fly up, then she punched with her fist making to rock fly my way. I quickly punched my fist forward making a ball of fire shoot out of it, but as usual I missed, screaming I moved to the side just as the rock passed me.

"That was good, just try to aim better next time," Elsa said.

"Okay, I'll try," I replied as I went back to my spot.

She did the same thing again, making a rock fly my way but this time I decided to use air instead of fire so I swung both my arms from the right to the left making wind blow hard enough to move the rock out of its way and into the forest.

"I did it!" I yelled as I jumped up and down then did a small stupid happy dance which I would have never done in front of anyone but I didn't really care at that moment.

"That was great," Elsa said giving me a thumps up while she laughed at me.

"That was awesome," Chris said from my right.

"Let’s try another one," Elsa said as she got in position again making me get ready for another flying rock. I nodded to her to let her know that I was ready and she sent another one.

I lifted my hands up to my chest like I was holding that invisible ball again, I commanded fire to appear, and it did, making the ball grow a little more, I threw it at the rock with all my effort making the rock shatter into small pieces all over the grass.

We went on like that for a couple more hours but then I felt exhausted, like all of the energy inside me had been withdrawn, falling backwards onto the grass, I laid there panting, trying to catch my breath, I had just done ten fire ball kicks with air punches in between each one.

"Looks like you're beat," Chris said as he walked over to me, he took one of his hands out of his pocket and stretched it out to me, I took it happily and he pulled me up.

"Yeah, that last exercise was seriously exhausting," I said then took a big gulp of water from the bottle that Chris had handed me.

"Come on, go shower so I could take you home," He said as he gave me a small push towards the stairs. Elsa had already gathered the things we used and went inside the palace to put them away.

I looked up at the beautiful orange sky; the sun was just starting to set, reflecting beautifully off of the glass of the palace making it look enchanted. I felt a cool breeze on my bare sweaty skin and shivered, it was probably a good idea to go inside but I just wanted to stay out and watch the sunset with Chris.

 "You're probably going to catch a cold if you stay out here so come on lets go inside."

"Fine," I said softly as I started to walk up the stairs, I headed straight to the bathroom and took a quick hot shower, when I got out, Chris was waiting for me by the door with Cookie in his arms.

"You ready to go?" he asked as I got closer.

"Yup," I replied then walked out of the door. As we started walking through the forest I shivered whenever the cold wind hit me, making my wet hair wrap around my neck and feel like ice.

"Here, take my jacket," He said then put Cookie down and slipped it off, only staying in a tee-shirt, and giving it to me, I was going to reject it, tell him that he would get cold too but then the wind hit me again making my teeth start to tremble from the cold.

"Thanks," I said as he slipped the jacket around my should, I put it on properly as I thanked him again.