Chapter Thirty Seven

This chapter is dedicated to Hainachu, thanks for helping me out and supporting me, you're the best!

This is kind of how I imagined the dresses to be. 

I hope you like this chapter, please vote and comment if you do. It's honestly one of my favorite.

*********************

Who knew salons would be so expensive? We could have done our own makeup and hair for a whole lot cheaper!

Sam and I were running around her room as our mothers tried to help us finish getting ready. We were late since the grumpy salon lady decided to take her time kicking furniture around, she had just gotten into a fight with her boyfriend and decided to let it out on the poor sofa.

We would have left except we had already paid and weren’t sure where we would find a salon on such short notice, so we were forced to stay and wait for her temper tantrum to finish.

 I had to stop Sam from yelling at her four times, because I knew that if she did, we would have probably been kicked out with nowhere to go. Not to mention the huge amount of money we would have lost. Hell, I had to put all my savings on the damn thing.

But I had to give it to her, she had some serious anger issues but she was good at what she does, nevertheless.

She had done both, our hair and makeup. For Sam, she put her dark hair up and pinned it all together making swirls at the back with her bangs swept to the side, but not hanging low so she could wear her mask.

She put almost the exact makeup on both of us, silver eyeshadow blended in with a bit of blue, soft pink lipstick for me and dark red for Sam.

For my hair, she put it up in what looked like a wide ponytail, and curled the rest, leaving my locks to rest on my soon to be, bare shoulders.

“I still don’t understand why they would make a school ball so late at night,” my mother said as she pulled the lace of my dress tighter.

“Stop worrying Lacey, my prom was at eleven,” Cathy, Sam’s mom, replied with a roll of her eyes.

“Mom,” I choked out, she was so apprehensive that she wasn’t even paying attention to what she was doing.

“Sorry honey.” She winced as she loosened the knot she made at the end.

“Mom, I can’t find my mask,” Sam said as she went through a pile of clothes on the floor. She was ready, her dress was on, her makeup and haired looked great and her shoes were right next to her, all she needed was her mask.

“I have it!” Charlie yelled then chuckled. He was holding up the mask to his face, his head was so small that the mask almost covered it fully.

“Charlie, give Sam her mask back,” Cathy scolded as she stuffed two jackets in her purse for Sam and I.

Charlie insisted that he put Sam’s mask on, so we all stood at the side holding our breaths as we watched him tie a loose knot at the back of her head. Cathy patted him on the back and managed convinced him to let her fix the mask. Fortunately, he agreed.

I slipped on my shoes as my mom carefully tied the lace of my mask underneath my hair. Glancing over at the clock on Sam’s dresser, I sighed. It was only nine fifteen and we were ready to go. Mrs. Brook told us to be at the hall at nine thirty, but it was okay if we were a bit late, right?

“Chris is calling.” My mom announced as she closed the buttons of her coat. She and Cathy were going to be attending the ball to watch our performance. I was already nervous enough because I was going to be dancing with Chris, in front of a huge crowd. But with my mother being there, I felt overwhelmed.