Chapter Sixteen

***************

 Chapter Sixteen...

Chris and I headed straight to the palace after school to talk to Elsa, he had told her everything that had happened the night before and she said she was going to look into it, she also said that we weren't going to practice today and she was finally going to explain some things about Lartix to us.

We were now sitting in the living room of the palace, waiting for Elsa to gather some 'things' as she said and come back to us, Chris and I were sitting side by side with Cookie resting in my lap when Elsa finally came into the room and sat down opposite to us with a couple of things in her arms that she put down on the coffee table in front of her.

"I found out who the girl you guys met yesterday was" She said.

"Do you know her?" I asked.

"Sadly yes, her sister was my best friend before the witches took over" she said while looking down sadly.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Back on Lartix before the witches took over, everyone lived together, but nobody liked the witches because of how crude and blunt they were. They treated everyone like they were nothing and they thought they were better than everyone else because of their powers, but they were indeed stronger than everyone else. Enavora's sister and I were best friends. We even used to work together at a training school"

"But didn't the witches take over years ago? How were you there at that time?" Chris asked.

"Us Lartixians, we don't age quickly" she replied.

"How old are you then? I mean you don't look a day over twenty-five" I asked confused.

"I'm forty-three" she replied with a chuckle making me feel my jaw drop.

"Are you serious? You mean I'm not going to get all wrinkly when I get old?" I asked in disbelieve.

"No, you're not" she replied with another chuckle "Anyway, your father Kate was the rulers of Lartix and he let the witches have all their rights, but the only reason the witches didn't mind being ruled by a guardian was because they knew that they were stronger than him, but then your father and mother fell in love with each other and your mother went against the witches even though it was forbidden by them and she married your father."

"How many years ago was that?" Chris asked.

"Almost thirty years. After Kate's mother became queen the witches started to get scared of what she would do to them because they used to punish her for loving a guardian but that wasn't the problem, what really freaked them out was you" she said nodding to me, I gulped down hard and nodded my head for her to continue.

"When a Lartixian is first born his or her parents have a ceremony to determine whether they are a witch, guardian or a bender. If they turn out to be a bender the ceremony also determines what elements they could control. When you were born your parents and everyone in the Kingdom were so excited to see the royals first born so they held the ceremony that very day and everyone came to see you"

"Including the witches" Chris said.

"Yes of course. Everyone was surprised when they found out you were a bender but what really astonished them was when all four elements were drawn to you, the guardians and benders were so buoyant that they celebrated all night long but what we didn't know was while we were celebrating the witches were planning an attack. Your mother found out what the witches were planning from one of her friends so she immediately sent you and I here, to earth"

"She was just trying to protect you" Chris said while taking my hand in his and wiping a tear off my face with his other.

"She put a spell on your locket then she did a spell on the palace making it disappear from Lartix and appear on earth with you and I in it"