Chapter Twenty Six

I stared blankly at the coffee table in front of me, more of them? That was the last thing I needed right now, to have more people after me.

Luckily, we managed to get Evanora on our side but from the looks of it, the other two might not be as easily convinced that I am trying to help them rather than hurt them. 

"Well Evanora did say that three people were sent to each planet, didn't she?" Sam asked, her hair had dried by now and her lips were pink again but her nose was red and she would sneeze every now and then.

"Yeah, but from what you said it doesn't look like they're witches, at least one of them isn't," Chris said.

"The girl." I stated. "You also said they had weird accents, do you know where they could be from?"

"One of them sounded a bit British but I couldn't tell what the other ones' was," Sam replied.

"Evanora mentioned that she was from Europe," Chris said.

"Do you think they were all sent to the same place?" I asked. "Could Evanora have told them about me?"

"Possible," he replied.

"What do we do now?" Sam asked.

"We need to tell Elsa, She'll know what to do," I said with a sigh.

We stopped by Sam's house first, before going to the palace so she could change. Walking through the forest was hard and tiring because the ground was wet and slippery even though the heavy rain had stopped.

Elsa greeted us at the door and then we walked up to the living room and sat down before one of us finally spoke.

"There's more," Sam said, Elsa gave her a weird look then turned to me.

"More of?" she asked.

"More of Evanora," Chris replied before I could. "Sam overheard two people talking about Kate."

"So they know it's her," Elsa said with pursed lips.

"It's all because of that stupid necklace," Sam said pointing to my neck, "They all found her because of it."

"They're coming after me, what do we do?" I asked.

"We can't take our chances like we did with Evanora, Were going to have to fight them," Elsa said.

"I'm not ready to fight them, I could hardly beat Evanora!" I said loudly.

"We'll all fight them, you're not in this alone Kate," Elsa said and Chris nodded.

We talked about how we could fight them off and where we could find them but after going in circles over and over again we decided to just keep our guard up and watch out but most importantly I needed to stay out of sight.

Chris dropped me off at my house then drove off. When I walked in I headed straight into the kitchen for dinner.

I found my mother sitting on the dinner table with the table set, "Sorry I'm late" I said as I slipped into the chair, she looked up at me unapprovingly.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

She sighed then crossed her arms. "Your school called today."

Add that to my list of problems, I held my breath as I stared at my plate of roast chicken knowing what was coming.

"They wanted to let me know how you were doing."

"And?”

"You failed an exam and barely past in two others," she pursed her lips.