Chapter Seventeen

******************

Chapter Seventeen....

Sitting on the bathroom counter, I watched as Chris went through the drawers and took out a first aid kit then he turned to me and started wiping the blood of my face with a damp cloth, I hissed whenever he went near my lip due to the rip I had made from biting on it too hard.

While he was concentrating on my cuts I took in his injuries for the first time, he had a big scrape above his left eyebrow that was bleeding badly and looked like it needed stitches, a bruise that was starting to form on his left cheek and a cut across his chin, I also noticed that he was limping a bit as we walked back to the palace, honestly I don't think anyone would have survived fighting off those gorillas.

"Does it hurt?" he asked looking into my eyes with sympathy.

"Not really, at least not as much as that scratch on your forehead," I said as I carefully caressed his unharmed cheek.

"It's fine, it doesn't even hurt."

"It looks like it hurts."

"Well it doesn't so stop worrying. We have more important things to take care of right now," he said bitterly and I knew he was talking about Evanora, it was just a matter of time until the witches came through and let her communicate with them and that's when it'll all be over, that's when the witches will find out where I am and come after me.

"We have to find Elsa," I said as I jumped off the counter and was about to walk out of the bathroom when Chris took hold of my arm and carefully turned me to face him.

"Let’s put some bandages on those cuts on your face first." I listened to him and let him put some on my face and then I tried to take care of his injuries but he wouldn't let me so I just gave up to the stubborn idiot and followed him out to the garden where Elsa was reading a thick old looking book and Cookie was running around her while wiggling his tail.

"Oh my, what happened to you guys?" she asked worried as soon as lifted her head from the book.

"Evanora happened," I replied with a growl.

"I knew she would come after you but I never knew she had the guts to come this soon," she said.

"We need to find a way to stop her from getting to the witches," Chris said with clenched teeth.

"I have an idea but we can't do anything until I teach Kate how to control water and earth," Elsa said.

"I controlled earth," I said looking at her with a straight face.

"You have? When?" she asked almost shocked.

"I used it to fight off Evanora, she put up a shield and I threw rocks at her like you did until it got destroyed then she disappeared."

"Kate do you know what this means?" she asked sounding excited all of a sudden then she closed the book and stood up and made her way towards us.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"This means that your powers are stronger than we thought, water and earth benders usually can't control their elements until they are fully adults but for you to be able to control them without even practicing," she said while shaking her head with a smile, "That's amazing."

"Then can we start practicing now?" I asked.

"Sure, just let me get the wand so you can learn about dark magic," she said then ran up the stairs and disappeared into the palace. I looked up at Chris and he gave me a small smile but he looked like he was in pain.