Chapter Forty

I held onto Elsa as the horse ran along the dirt pathway, and looked around.

The weather seemed very gloomy and humid. The trees rose up, high above our heads and the air smelled dusty.

I tried to think of where Chris could have possibly gone but I didn't know anything about this place, so it was hard to guess.

Glancing over at the horse next to us, I noticed that Sam didn't look half as terrified as I did. She was only holding onto the rope of the horse with one hand while looking around, whereas I was holding on for dear life.

And Mark was stuck in the wooden box with Josh.

Night had fallen by the time we reached Elsa's sister. The once gray sky had now turned a dark blue, with no stars. And the air became even stuffier.

I lifted my dress off the ground and stood nervously at the door of a small cottage not far from the forest. It was a lonely cottage which was only surrounded by trees.

"It doesn't make sense!" Josh yelled. He was freaking out about the whole traveling to a different planet thing. He didn't seem to care about my ability to control the elements, though.

"Dude, just accept it and move on. You'll never understand." Mark sighed. The poor thing had to explain the whole situation to Josh on our way here, and all Josh managed to do was scream and tell him that the joke wasn't funny.

"I can't accept it! It's impossible! I want to go home right now!" Josh yelled some more.

After the third knock by Elsa, the door cracked open. There, stood a young woman. She looked a lot like Elsa, the only difference was that her hair was a dark emerald green, and her eyes were slightly smaller.

"Razan!" Elsa squeaked, then threw her arms around the womans shoulder.

The woman stood still for a couple of seconds until she figured out what was happening, then she was overwhelmed with tears and chocked sobs as she hugged her sister back, tightly.

"On second thought, let's stay for a while," Josh wiggled and eyebrow as he checked Razan out, and I didn't resist rolling my eyes. The moment his eyes land on a hot girl, he seems to forget everything. Even if he was in the middle of the apocalypse.

After showering and changing into some comfortable clothes, we sat around a rectangular wooden table and drank some warm tea.

I wore a pair of black tights with an oversized sweater since Razan didn't have enough pairs of pants for all three of us.

I was kind of shocked when Elsa handed me the soft, creamy colored sweater. But then I figured that they had clothes too, and they didn't necessarily have to be much different from ours.

The tea tasted really good, and had a fruity flavor to it. Elsa explained that

It was from a tree we didn't have back on earth, she also said that I would be amazed at how many unusual and extraordinary things I would fine here.

But so far, everything seemed normal to me. Lartix was looking a lot like earth.

I took another sip out of my maroon mug as I watched Elsa and Razan run around for no reason. They were trying to make sure everyone was comfortable. I was still amazed at how much they looked like each other, I noticed that Razan's eyes were a dark green which matched her creamy complexion perfectly.

For the hundredth time, I thought about Chris again. Where could he have gone? Was he safe? Would we find him? Or would he find us?

I took the time to look around, hoping I could get him off my mind.