Chapter Thirty Eight

I glanced over at Sam and smiled. Mark and her were standing not far from us, their hands still intertwined as they stared into each others eye. The look of love danced around her eyes as they shifted from one of his eyes to the other.

I had always wished I could find love like theirs, I always used to stared at them fighting and know that it was just for fun, and remember how they were willing do anything for each other, no matter how extreme.

I remembered the excitement in Sam's eyes when she would see Mark's name flash on her phone's screen, and how when they're together it was like nobody else was there.

How they could spend hours just sitting there, without saying a word. How she would always think of him when we suggested doing something or going somewhere, she would immediately say 'let me text Mark'.

I remembered the excitement in her voice the time she told me about their first kiss, and I still saw the exact same excitement in her eyes until today.

I turned to face Chris just as the song was coming to an end. He smiled at me and in that moment, I knew that we shared exactly what Sam and Mark had.

A warm smile covered my lips as I stared into his eyes, whoever said that eyes are windows to the soul was more than right.

He had that same look on from before, where his eyes were staring into mine, filled with so much emotion, his lips curved slightly at the sides and his arm was tightly wrapped around my waist.

I was lost in his eyes when the sound of the applause snapped me out if it. I jumped slightly and looked around as Chris chuckled, then he let go of my hand and started moving back slowly, his eyes still on mine until he reached his spot.

We stood in two lines like before, the girls on the right and the guys on the left, and then we bowed to each other just as the soft light went off and was replaced with a stronger one. The audience continued to clap as we started walking away, and heading to our tables.

Mrs. Brook stood in the middle and started saying something to all the people that had been watching our preformance, but I wasn't paying attention.

I walked up to Sam who stood next to our table. She was talking to Mark's sister, Ashley. She was a beautiful who was a year younger than us, she had short black hair and big blue eyes. I didn't know her well but Sam did. I held back laughter as I heard Sam speaking.

"You were amazing, and you look gorgeous." It was funny to hear Sam being polite, Sam was never polite.

I always thought that Sam and her should be better friends since Sam was Mark's girlfriend, until I learned that Ashley was his half sister, from his dad.

I never knew that his parents had divorced and that his father got remarried, until one day Sam accidentally told me.

Mark didn't want anyone to know and Sam wasn't planning on telling me, but after she did, she explained that his stepmother was more loving and caring than his birth mother had ever been.

I waited until the awkward polite conversation ended then approached Sam, "See, you could be nice if you wanted," I teased.

She rolled her eyes and sat down on the fancy looking chair. I looked around hoping I could find one of the boys as she took her shoes off.

Ignoring her rant about how painful heels are, I smiled as I spotted Chris next to the stairs then walked over to him.

"So, are you glad it's finally over?" He smirked as he put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer making me blush instantly.

I hadn't gotten used to all this lovey dovey stuff yet, and we weren't in such a private place either, but that didn't seem to bother him or stop him from placing his lips on mine.