Chapter 15

Scorpius didn't expect to be pulled down into his seat, landing with a thump.

"Oh my god, tell me everything."

Scorpius stared into Rhea's blue eyes as she tugged on his robes, seemingly waiting. "Um, pardon?"

She sighed heavily, releasing the fabric. "Stop avoiding the topic. You know what I'm talking about."

Scorpius raised an eyebrow. "Actually, I don't. Besides, when did you decide to actually start speaking to us?"

She blushed, ears tipped with a faint red. "Oh, um, I chose to embrace the snake and all, as I discovered that some people in our house can be quite nice.

"Anyways, I'm talking about you and that Potter kid. You have no idea how hard I ship it! It's so cute, like-"

Rhea was cut off by Scorpius choking, his eyes wide. "Okay, first of all- what in Merlin's name is shipping? Second, what?"

He had gone quite pale, and his fingers were flooded with a stressed white, as he clenched onto the side of the desk.

Rhea paused in the midst of her bubbly chatter. "Oh, shipping, my dear friend? Well, let's say you have two unicorns. Now, put those two unicorns parallel, and push them together-"

She gestured with her hands, closing the gap and her fingers touched, as if they were-

Oh shit.

Scorpius gestured wildly with his hands, floundering around. "Oh, no, no, its not a thing, I don't-"

Rhea covered his mouth, effectively stopping his rambling. Her cerulean eyes bored into his charcoal ones. "Shut up, I saw you in the art room. It's fine, don't panic, okay? I won't tell anyone."

Scorpius' face was still quite white, but he managed to mumble out a slightly inaudible agreement. He sighed with relief, letting out the stress that had been gradually building up.

He turned his attention to the front of the classroom, zoning in on the professor's droning. "Class," the teacher wheezed.

"Turn to page three hundred and ninety four."