Enrolling

I continued sprinting until I came across the local school, Waterloo Road. I had always wanted to go there, but my so-called father made me home schooled, so I never got the chance. However, since I no longer lived there, I could try and become enrolled.. I entered the gates and made my way towards the main school building, receiving various looks from different groups of people.

"Excuse me, do you know where I could find the headmaster?" I asked a girl with black hair and freckles, who just stood staring at me with a raised eye-brow. "I'll take that as a no." I murmured before walking away.

"Why aren't you in your uniform?" A male teacher with a green shirt and matching tie began questioning me, before I began to explain to him that I didn't actually go to school here but I wished to enroll.

"Ah, well you'll need to speak to Mr Burn." He instructed me. "I'll take you to his office." I followed him to Mr Burn's office, my hands shaking and knees trembling. 

"But sir! I didn't do anythin'!" I heard a shout from inside.

"I saw you!" Argued a male teacher, who I could only assume was Mr Burn. "You and Mr Stevenson were burning dangerous chemicals!"

I tried to listen to the rest of the conversation but the male teacher, who had escorted me to the room, knocked on the door.

"You alright, Mr Chalk? Who's this sexy thing?" Asked a boy in school uniform, who was sat smiling at me. This caused me to grin a bit.

"Quiet!" Mr Burn snapped at him, wiping the smile off my face that had been formed.

"Sorry to interrupt but I have a young lady here who wants to join." Mr Chalk announced, holding my shoulder while grinning at Mr Burn.

Mr Burn turned to us, with an look un-amused look on his face before asking me a question, "Can I have your  paperwork please?"

"I don't think she has any." Mr Chalk began to explain. " Do you want me to ask Janeece?"

"Janeece!" Mr Burn yelled, causing her to come inside the office, "Please can you get some blank sheets of paperwork?"

"Sure thing Mr Burn." Janeece replied smiling, before searching through a grey/silver filing cabinet for a copy of the blank paperwork for me to fill in.

"Sir, can I go now?" The boy requested, after 5 minutes of silence. He looked bored stiff.

"Yes Finn." Mr Burn replied, "But remember, I don't want to see you doing that again."  

"No promises." Finn remarked, grabbing his bag and leaving the office.

Afterwards, Janeece returned with the paperwork and I was sat filling it out. 'What is your name?' I bit my lip as I read the first question. I couldn't use my real name because that would just lead to my dad finding out where I was... After thinking long and hard I decided to put Ellie King because it was my first name but not my last, so it also wouldn't give away my real identity. The rest was easy to make up, I just used fake places/details.

"Done." I announced, handing Mr Burn the filled in paperwork before receiving a uniform and a copy of my time-table. I quickly left the room and went to the female toilets in order to get changed. 'That was easy' I thought to myself as I started getting changed.