Shopping With Scout And An Upsetting Surprise Text

After listening to Miss Boston ramble on about becoming the new head of English for about half an hour it was time to leave and go home. Earlier, me and Scout agreed to go out shopping with the £50 I'd found out on the court-yard at break. I really needed some new clothes rather than wearing Kyle's mum's, all the time, without her knowing. Emily and the twins wanted to tag along but Scout made sure they didn't, especially after what happened last time. I decided to give up on revenge, it's not really my style, I'm more... Creative.

I met Scout by the school gates and we greeted each other with a hug before making our way into town. On the bus I sat playing Flappy bird.

"YESSS!!!" I exclaimed, leaping up from my seat before standing in amazement at the Flappy Bird score I'd just earned. Everyone turned to face me in shock as I apologized before sitting back down.

"What?" Scout asked me as a massive smile spread across my face.

"I got one-hundred and twenty-one on Flappy bird." I explained as she looked at me weirdly for a few moments before letting out a small grin and rolling their eyes.

We sat there chatting for a few minutes until Scout nudged me in the arm, telling me it was time to get off. We both thanked the driver as we got off and began walking up a street with shops on either side. I didn't know where I was going so I just followed Scout until we made our way inside large boutique named 'New Look.'

We browsed through all the racks of clothing, trying to find something we liked.

"What about this?" Scout asked me, holding up a grey Snoopy Dog sweat-shirt to her chest.

"It looks nice." I nodded at her as we both looked at it for a few moments before she decided to go and pay for it.

I continued searching for clothes until Scout returned with a bunch of clothes, shoes and a bag for me to try on. I went into the booth and tried them on being coming out and modelling for Scout.

"Ayy." She cheered when I came out and did a little spin in the clothes she had picked out for me. "You should so get them." I nodded in agreement before going back into the changing booth and putting my uniform back on.

When I was done we greeted each other with a quick hug before going to pay. We were stood in a long, busy Que for about half an hour before we were finally served.

"Someone like's pink." The cashier said as we all let out a small laugh. "Take it you're here because of the crazy sale." She stated as Scout nodded. I nodded as well, even though I didn't know anything about a sale. "That'll be £49.99."

I handed her the £50 note I'd found earlier before we both thanked her for serving us and left the store. We both checked our bags outside, making sure we'd received the right piece's of clothing before we walked to the bus stop.. I'd bought a Paul's Boutique bag, which I could use for school. As well as a pink hoodie, a pair of pink vans with white and dark blue patches, some light blue jeans, a pair of black socks with pink polka-dots and a light pink top with a black cross in the middle.

Me: (http://www.polyvore.com/casual_in_pink/template?id=790038)

Scout: (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=114684961)

My arms were aching from carrying the three, heavy, New Look bags all the way to the bus-stop. Once we got there I flung them onto a seat and felt my arms burning. I sat next to the bags and Scout sat next to me, placing the bag with her grey Snoopy-dog sweat shirt on her lap, as we both sat waiting for the bus.

"Do ya' wanna come back to mine?" Scout asked looking over at me while I put my hand into my pocket and tried to retrieve my phone.

"Yup." I replied, still looking at my pocked before pulling out my phone and switching it on. "I'll just text Kyle."

I was about to text him when an alert popped up telling me I had received a text and had three missed calls. They were all from the same person, Kyle. I opened the text and got a shock when I read it:

This just isn't working out. Sorry. It's not you it's me.

I don't understand. What did he mean it's not working out? What's not working out?

Unfortunately, I knew exactly what he meant. We're over. I sat staring in disbelief at the text for a few minutes, my eyes beginning to water, before dialing his number. Scout asked me if I was OK but I just ignored her as I waited for him to pick up. No luck. I tried again but it was no use. It went straight to voice mail again.

"Ell' what's happened?" She asked me as I threw my phone into the road and brought my knees up to my chest as I burst out crying. Scout asked me questions and tried to comfort me but I just blocked her out and continued sobbing.

Eventually, the bus arrived and I let my legs drop to the ground as I got up and stepped onto the bus. I still had tears streaming down my face and a nose which was running, whilst I went and sat down on a seat as Scout paid the driver.

"What happened?" She asked, sitting down beside me.

"Kyle dumped me." I sniffled as she looked, sympathetically, at me before she pulled me close to her whilst I sobbed into her shoulder. "I don't even know what I did wrong."

"You haven't done anything. Kyle's just a selfish jerk." She comforted me as I sobbed harder. Usually I'd defend Kyle but after that text... I just don't know what to do anymore.

We pulled apart and I began staring out the window, letting my mind un-wind about everything. I sat silently crying until we reached the stop where we were getting off. I held onto my sleeves as I exited the bus. Scout kept trying to cheer me up on the way back to her's but I didn't say a word the entire way, I just followed her silently and cried a little.

Once we were back at her's I slumped down on her sofa and grabbed a rectangular beige pillow, before pulling my knees up to my chest and stuffing he pillow in between.

"You can stay here for a bit if ya' like. My mum don't get back 'til next Monday." She stated I just nodded a little before bursting into tears again. All I could seem to do is cry and Scout seemed to pick up on that as it wasn't long until she'd handed me a box of tissues. I grabbed one of them before removing the pillow from in between my knees and lying down on the sofa, resting my head on the beige pillow.

I tucked my knees back into my chest again as I lay silently sobbing. I started to get tired so I let my eyes close/rest for a while.