Chippie (Fish and Chips Shop)

"So Denzil really said that?" Jodie/Scout queried as we entered the chippie. I nodded at her as we stood in front of the cash register, waiting to order.

"Scout, you're back." He greeted us, "You want the usual?" He was wearing a white apron and was stood behind the cash register. He clearly worked here but he looked too old to just be serving chips. "Who's your friend?"

"This is Ellie, she's new." She introduced us. I shook his hand to greet him and he sure had one hell of a shake. "Yeah, thanks." She added, as the guy portioned a few chips into a piece of paper and folded it over.

"Thanks." She said, receiving the chips before reaching into her purse to pay him.

Then, we both took a seat at the nearest table. Scout was squirting tomato ketchup all over the chips while I sat there reminiscing about today... Suddenly, a panicked thought entered my head.

"Where the hell am I gonna stay tonight?" I accidentally spoke aloud, as Scout and the guy at the cash register gave me a confused look. Oopsie.

"What do you mean?" She asked, eating a chip.

I let out a sigh, "I kinda don't have anywhere to live." I announced, realizing that she wasn't gonna ignore my accidental question.. She looked at me in confusion as I explained that I had run away.

"You wanna stay at mine?" She asked, looking at me in concern. I went quiet, un-sure of what to reply with... "Oh wait you can't." Scout let out a huff and leaned back on her chair, "Mom will flip, especially after when Em' stayed over,"

"You could stay at mine." Someone suggested from the door. We spun 'round to see Kyle. "Mine won't care." 

Was he actually being serious? Probably not... Well, even if he was there was no way in a million years it was gonna happen.

"I think she'd rather stay with a rapist." Scout replied, before standing and flinging her bag over her shoulder. "Come on Ell', this place is gonna start stinking soon." 

"Hilarious." He snapped at Scout,

"I wasn't even talking to you." Scout snapped back, giving him a cold, sarcastic smile. I sighed and followed Scout towards the door.

He then positioned himself to block the door.

"Come on, it'll be a laugh." He tried to convince me. I let out a small sigh and leaned my head back.

"I guess it beats sleeping on the streets." I admitted as Scout just gave me a shocked face in disbelief to what I had just said... I'm such a pushover.

"I can't believe you just said that." Scout argued, as her and Kyle shot each other glares, "After everything he's done?"

 "I guess you're right." I confessed, letting out another sigh. "But on the other hand, I've got nowhere else to go." 

I debated the situation in my head as Scout and Kyle argued but eventually I made my decision.

"Fine." I conceded, turning to Kyle. "But don't do anything like that again."

Scout folded her arms and huffed, rotating her head 360 degrees. 

After, sitting down and discussing arrangements, I finally said farewell to Scout and me and Kyle made our way back to his.