Break-time by the wall

"Hey!" I was greeted by Scout, who wrapped her arm around my neck.

"Hi." I greeted her nervously, dipping my neck forward and raising my shoulders in a shrugging motion, so that her arm wouldn't be on me anymore.

"Where have you been?" She asked me, dropping her arm to by her side.

"Somewhere called... The cooler?" I responded, uncertain as to whether I had got the name right.

"Why? What did you do?" She began questioning me as we reached the double-doors and headed into the courtyard.

"Nothing." I replied, walking down the steps onto the courtyard, as she gave me a confused look. 

"You must have done summet."  She queried, still looking confused.

I sighed before explaining to her why I was in there, "I got a little lost and ended up having a conversation with Kyle."

"Someone mention my name?" I heard another familiar voice ask, as they also put their arm around me.. What is peoples obsession with putting their arms around other peoples shoulders?? Surprisingly, I didn't try to wriggle out of it this time. In fact, I don't really think I mind it as much, knowing it's Kyle.

"You alright Kyle?" Scout asked as we stood in front of the steps leading to the double doors.

"I've been better." Kyle complained.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, concernedly. 

"Finn's being a twat again." He huffed, rolling his eyes and locking them on Finn who was playing football with a boy who had black curly hair.  All three of us were staring at Finn.. Well I say all three of us, it was more like me and Scout staring and Kyle glaring. "Hope someone boots it at his face."

"Kyle!" I whacked him playfully in the chest with the back of my hand. This caused him to rub it with the hand which was currently not on me.

"What was that for?" He groaned.

"For wishing pain upon a fellow pupil." I stated, trying to sound all smart and sophisticated.

Scout grinned at me before turning to Kyle, "Yeah Kyle." She agreed with me as we both began laughing.

Kyle gave a small smirk, before looking down at me slightly, "So what you got next then?"

"Maths!" I beamed. "I quite enjoy maths."

Immediately, Scout and Kyle were giving me the 'are you mad' look. I just smiled at them, ignoring their facial expressions.

"Anyway...." Scout rolled her eyes and looked at her copy of a timetable, "I have art."

"What lesson do you have?" I asked Kyle as he stared at me.

"A lesson." He looked at me blankly, shrugging his shoulders.

"Care to expand?" Scout asked, widening her eyes and shoulders a little, gesturing with her hands.

"I dunno." Kyle shrugged again, "I'll probably be in the cooler with Ell' again." He pulled me closer with the arm that was still leaned on my shoulder. Scout and Kyle grinned, but I just nodded a little, not saying a word.

"You alright?" Scout questioned me, as her and Kyle stared at me, concernedly. I nodded at her.

"Yeah, course." I faked a smile, which from what I could tell by their facial expressions, wasn't very convincing.  I couldn't help but thing of what they'd said earlier about being in the cooler, it made me think of when Kyle snapped at me, which made me think of "home" and "dad". If I knew one thing it was that I sure as hell didn't wanna think about that right now.

"You sure?" Scout questioned me again, her face even more concerned than before. "It's just, you've gone quiet all of a sudden.

"YESSS!!!" I assured them, while widening my eyes and nodding.

All of a sudden the bell started blaring as Scout and Kyle picked up their bags from in front of the brick wall we had been loitering by, I didn't have a bag to pick up. Plus, Kyle made me bend down with him as he picked up his bag, putting accidental pressure on my neck with his arm.. You can guess why this was an issue. My underwear was visible through my tights, to anyone that was behind me.

"Nice ass!" Someone remarked from behind me causing me, Kyle and Scout to turn around.

"Oh I'm Sorry, Did you say something!?" Scout yelled back in a threatening manor, storming closer towards them. Immediately making them decide to speed-walk in the other direction. "Yeah! That's what I thought too!" She stopped and began walking back towards me and Kyle, who were still stood by the wall, his arm on my shoulder.

"Just ignore 'em." I advised her, sighing.

"No!" She looked back at them, anger in her voice, "No-one talks to my mates like that and gets away with it." She argued before heaving her bag onto her shoulder and walking with me and Kyle towards the main school building.. I was grateful to her for sticking up for me though.

"Kyle Stack!" We heard a bellow from behind us as we entered the school building and were right next to the main entrance. "My office! Now!"

"I'll catch you guys up." He moaned, before rolling his eyes and removing his arm from my shoulders before swaggering towards Mr Burn.

"No you won't Kyle." Scout remarked in disbelief as we carried on down the corridors and towards our lessons. Eventually, we both had to split and go our separate ways. However, we made a pact to meet up at lunch in the canteen.